WOW!!!! I HAVE A DATE!!!!

Lena72
on 3/6/12 5:53 am - Greenville, NC
RNY on 03/21/12

I can't believe it!! My first consultation was Feb. 7 and I've been approved and scheduled for surgery on March 21. I thought this would take much, much longer, now I'm just as nervous as I don't know what....Wow...I guess I need to start stocking up on protein drinks, sf popsicles, and vitamins now huh?

Kaoz789
on 3/6/12 5:57 am
Congrats!

But get with your NUT before you go buying your vitamins and protein drinks... dont want to get the wrong ones :)

says the girl who bought the wrong ones, lol
Tamie

Lena72
on 3/6/12 6:01 am - Greenville, NC
RNY on 03/21/12
Thank you. I surely will check with my NUT. Thank you for that information.

Skinnygirlme
on 3/6/12 6:03 am - UT
RNY on 09/05/12
 Congrats! 
  I believe in me...the best is yet to be!                        
Lena72
on 3/6/12 8:25 am - Greenville, NC
RNY on 03/21/12
Thank you!!

DisneyGirl1
on 3/6/12 6:43 am - Houston, TX
RNY on 03/15/12
Congrats!  Time moves quickly, doesn't it?  My initial consultation was 2/14 and my surgery is scheduled for 3/15!  I am amazed at how much has happened in the last month.  

I agree with the comments suggesting to get with your nutritionist.  My surgeon's office had me pay for my shakes/vitamins at my pre-op appointment.  That's definitely one way to make sure you follow the rules afterwards!  If you chose to buy alternative products, you have to bring in the actual product so the nutritionist can review the values and make sure you actually purchased them!
Jen
  HW: 354   SW: 334  GW: 150

Lena72
on 3/6/12 8:29 am - Greenville, NC
RNY on 03/21/12
Thank you Jen! Congrats to you also on your date!! I'm gonna call my NUT tomorrow to see what she says. Good luck to you on the 15th, keep us posted!!

ChellbyB
on 3/6/12 8:07 am - CA
RNY on 03/21/12
 Congrats, Lena! My surgery is also 3/21!  Looks like we'll be sitting on the loser's bench together! Best of luck to you :-)
Lena72
on 3/6/12 8:31 am - Greenville, NC
RNY on 03/21/12
Thank you Chellby! Congrats on your surgery also. Are you nervous? What are you doing to prepare?

ChellbyB
on 3/6/12 8:38 am - CA
RNY on 03/21/12
 I am very nervous but I'm also extremely HOPEFUL.  I have been exercising regularly, stocking up on various supplies (using lots of suggestions from this board!) like chewable vitamins, various protein drinks (unjury chicken soup, Isopure protein water, protein shake mix, protein shots), a Magic Bullet for pureeing and some good books and movies for my time at home (in between walking and sipping of course!).  Gonna buy myself some new walking shoes and an iPhone (so I have a toy to play with after surgery), and I start my pre-op diet tomorrow.  Can you think of anything else?  What have you been doing to prepare?  Please share!!

I've also been steadily preparing my husband for the change that is about take place in our lives.  He's very supportive but I foresee some bumps in the road.

My pre-op appt. is on Thursday.  When is yours?

Most Active
Recent Topics
What?s on your Saturday menu?
Melody P. · 7 replies · 68 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 34 replies · 294 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 24 replies · 300 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 24 replies · 340 views