Boo!!

jennifer W.
on 3/7/12 1:43 am
Tomorrow is my 6mon check-up and im so nervous! Ive lost a good chunk of weight but ive been stuck lately. I've also started nibling sweets that I know I shouldnt be. Even as I eat it I know I shouldnt but I think to myself...its only a nibble. I dont know why I do it!  Ive had extra stress lately and I dont know if thats what causing it but geez im making all the wrong choices. What do you do when you want to nibble?
IM afraid to tell my dietician about it. I swear I want to keep losing but its slowing down and I am so discouraged with the very slow weight loss.
 HW: 365  SW: 342  CW: 182

Inch by Inch's Life's a Cinch, Yard by Yard, Life's Hard - Dr.
Madden
_Donna_
on 3/7/12 1:53 am

When I get in the mood to nibble I eat nuts. Almonds and pistachios are my favorite.
If I am having a sweet craving I eat a sugar free popsicle.

RNY 5-5-2011

poet_kelly
on 3/7/12 2:00 am - OH
Am I reading that right, you've lost over 100 pounds in just six months and you're discouraged by the very slow weight loss?  Um, how fast did you think you'd lose?

Why are you afraid to tell your dietician what you're doing?

What I do when I want to nibble first is drink something.  After that, if I still want to nibble, often I do.  I just nibble something good for me.  I don't nibble sweets because I don't keep them in the house.

View more of my photos at ObesityHelp.com          Kelly

Please note: I AM NOT A DOCTOR.  If you want medical advice, talk to your doctor.  Whatever I post, there is probably some surgeon or other health care provider somewhere that disagrees with me.  If you want to know what your surgeon thinks, then ask him or her.    Check out my blog.

jennifer W.
on 3/8/12 12:44 am
Im super happy about my total weight loss. Disappointed from losing 25lbs avg. to 2lbs a month.
 HW: 365  SW: 342  CW: 182

Inch by Inch's Life's a Cinch, Yard by Yard, Life's Hard - Dr.
Madden
birthdaygirl
on 3/7/12 2:44 am - Lithonia, GA
ditto with Poet Kelly......100 pounds in six months...girl you go!....could you have possibly done that without wls and kept it off....at least I know I could not have and I did not even exercise much...I was just healing and losing.  we all hit stall...Hell I had a stall for 9 months and then it kicked back in when I started doing a little more activity.....

100 pounds is not nothing to be ashamed of and a period of stall...definitely the extra stress can be a contributing factor because I was at below goal and then relapsed into anxiety and depression and nibbled 40 pounds back on me so i had to take control and get some anti-depressants and the right one post-op and 25 pounds of the regain is gone in one month...no exercise included because I have tears in my shoulders and pain issues but now I crave good snacks like greek yogurt with SF jello pudding mixed in....I use Truvia sugar substitute and I no longer eat the chips and stuff.

we all fall off the wagon...this is a new lifestyle not the latest fad diet and you want the weight to come off  and stay off....you ar still a newbie with many more pounds ahead to lose and inches...look back at this post  6 months  from now and step into your clothes that you will wear at your 6 month check up and I bet you you will laugh!

my weight loss was very slow and steady too but like I said I did not do much coordinated work-outs but I live an active life and I rarely drank protein shakes after 3 months out because my wls doc said I did not have too and everyone metabolizes food and fat loss different but at the end of this race we are all winners.

HW/293....SW/276....PSW/168....CW/148...GW/150  
grmadeb01
on 3/7/12 5:34 am - FL
birthday girl you gave me hope...i too have lost 105 pounds, my surgery was april 4th....but i had lost some before surgery...so my loss still 105 pounds since last dec....but since september, i have lost maybe, MAYBE 10 pounds if that...i just keep doing this weight loss 2 step, up a pound or 2 and then back a pound or 2....
i have not had any problems at all since surgery..i was low on D and b-12..i have way so much energy since this time last year, i try to get 1.5 miles on the treadmill daily, most days i get there, some not so much, but i also take line dance classes 3 days a week...so yes i am moving, but i am limited in what i can do...bad left knee, and bad back....
but yes this has been a major stall or perhaps mainance....but i am happy, healther than last year, and down 105 pounds....if i a done loosing weight, i am happy, if i loose some more, i will be happy too....not going to stress about it so much....but you give me hope that the scale may move again.
thanks
debby
Most Active
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 52 replies · 469 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 48 replies · 539 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 40 replies · 522 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 28 replies · 192 views
What's on your Monday Menu?