Time to come clean-head issues

dawn4511
on 3/10/12 4:05 am - Niagara Falls, Canada
I don't think I will be able to succeed at getting my weight back down my head issues aren't going to let it. I was doing so good the last 2 days and planning/tracking and measuring. I then check my plan against what I had actually eaten and it was pretty close. So that put me at my self imposed calorie limit. Then the self sabotaging began. Tonight I even made my husband go out for a walk in the freezing cold and when we came home I made a nice hot green tea. I couldn't get food off my mind. I wanted to eat and I was crying because I wanted to eat and how I will never succeed. So I ended up having some celery with cucumbers and dip.

I've been to different councellors in my area even up to burlington and pass to try and get head help but I haven't had success finding any that worked. Maybe that's just me and I'm expecting them to fix something when I'm the one that has to fix it. I don't know I'm just upset.

Thanks for reading. Stay warm.

10/18/07 RNY ( hw 305 sw 290 lw 189ish) St Joe's 08/14/14 RNY reversal to sleeve. I survived 3 leaks,4 operations and a feeding tube.

kidnamedtoad
on 3/10/12 4:14 am
Honey....celery, cucumbers and dip? That's hardly blowing it! You didn't consume a large pizza!!! Rome wasn't built in a day. You didn't mention how long ago you had your baby. Cut yourself some slack! You lost the weight before....you can do it again. It might just be slower this time. If you had your baby recently its going to take some time to get your old body back.  I am rooting for you!  You will do this!
Toad         Starting weight: 249 Day of surgery wt: 217  GW: 109 CW 149                                                                    
dawn4511
on 3/10/12 4:49 am - Niagara Falls, Canada
Thank you so much. The baby is 7mths old.

10/18/07 RNY ( hw 305 sw 290 lw 189ish) St Joe's 08/14/14 RNY reversal to sleeve. I survived 3 leaks,4 operations and a feeding tube.

Cicerogirl, The PhD
Version

on 3/10/12 4:20 am - OH
 You are correct that you have to be the one to fix it, but a good counselor can HELP you with the process.... help you figurehe out what the issues are deep down that trigger the desire to eat, help you deal with the root psychological issues, and help you figure out ways to change the eating behaviors while you work on the emotional issues.  I am sorry you have not found a counselor that was helpful, but please try again.  Sometimes it can take several tries before you find a good fit.  It might help if you can find one who has experience with eating disorders (just because they are used to working with the dual issue of the psychological roots of eating issues). 

Taking a walk and then eating the celery and cucumbers were both EXCELLENT ways of dealing with the urge to eat, so give yourself some credit for that!  Sometimes it also helps people to reach out here.  Even late at night there are usually  few peple around checking posts who can offer encouragement. 

How much do you want/need to lose? 

Lora

14 years out; 190 pounds lost, 165 pound loss maintained

You don't drown by falling in the water. You drown by staying there.

dawn4511
on 3/10/12 5:40 am - Niagara Falls, Canada
Hi Lora
I'm currently 266 I would be happy to get to 220 ideal I would want to be 200 again.

newbirthday2812
on 3/10/12 4:28 am - TX
Dawn,

You might be your worst enemy, honey!!!! Wow eating celery and dip (veggies) much better than half a gallon of Blue Bell "rocky road", which I am speaking from experience.

We seem to be hard on outselves more so than anyone else. Gotta take one day at a time. Also every day will be better than the day before.

You stay warm!

Susan
dawn4511
on 3/10/12 5:41 am - Niagara Falls, Canada
Thank you Susan it's true that I ate some good things I just feel like I failed myself and I was dissapointed in myself.

Kat Kat
on 3/10/12 4:36 am - AZ

You might have issues up the wazoo, who am I to judge? Although, when I read about you handling your hunger with celery and cukes it made me wonder if you really are having head issues, or if it's actually something more physiological. You never posted much about what your menu consisted of, but  a high protein, low carb diet will often handle hunger issues for me. I can always tell when my balance isn't right because when it gets too high in carbs, I'm starving all day, and no amount of food seems like enough. All I do is up my protein, lower my carbs, and the hunger pangs drop dramatically. I suggest you re-look at your plan, and evaluate this as well as the calories.

Kat

dawn4511
on 3/10/12 5:44 am - Niagara Falls, Canada
Hi Kat
I consider it head issues because before I checked my food/calorie diet I wasn't hungry. After I checked it I realized that I was close to the top end of my calories and that's when the head games started. I started to panic thinking I couldn't eat anything else that night. My carbs were 127 protein 147 calories (before snack)1780. I'm having issues staying under 1800. I haven't been successful 7/10 days I've been tracking.

Mandi_1-3-12
on 3/10/12 8:51 am
I hear you with the head games we play with ourselves....ugh (happens to me, too).  After looking at your protein/carb intake, I would highly suggest you drop your carbs dramatically.  Try to go down to like 25-30 carbs and you will drop weight WAY more quickly...which will give you more motivation to keep eating celery and cukes instead of doughnuts.  :)  Good luck to you!
Most Active
Recent Topics
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 4 replies · 31 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 24 replies · 242 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 24 replies · 297 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 18 replies · 258 views