Anyone get dizzy coming off the treadmill?

Zeigled
on 3/9/12 11:22 am - Parkton, MD
I just started exercising - we got a free treadmill from a co-worker - and I get dizzy when I finish my workout.  I'm starting slow (setting is only 1.5 mph) and I warm up and cool down.  But for some reason I get off the maching and my head is spinny.  My legs are a little wobbly but not as much as my head.  Is this weird?
HW 357 SW 341   

manda2108
on 3/9/12 12:04 pm
 I have a really hard time keeping my heart rate down while I exercise, I'm currently weighing 223 and I'm 27 years old..while on the elipitcal machine my heart rate gets up to 175-180..and I have to really take it slow and take a lot of deep breathes to get it anywhere back close to a safe range. Once I didn't do my cool down and actually ended up passing out at the gym. 

If you are dizzy/lightheaded I would make sure you have a heart rate monitor on remember to breathe and drink water and even check with your doctor to make sure you are well enough for exercise. 

qnmimi
on 3/9/12 1:44 pm - Cottage Grove, MN
It may be "getting your land legs again" But you might also be dehydrated. Make sure you are hydrating well before exercise. Check with your MD if the suggestions above don't fit...may be your pulse, or BP changing.

Jody ***
on 3/9/12 8:32 pm - Brighton, MI
RNY on 10/21/08 with
Yes, I had a period of time when that happened to me too.  I found I was dehydrated - and once I hydrated a LOT it went away.  Just be careful! 

HW-218/SW-208/CW-126/ Lowest Weight-121/Goal-125 - hit 8/23/09/Height-5'3"

Regain 30 lbs from 2012 to 2016 - got back on track and lost it.  Took 8 months. 
90+/- pounds lost      
BMI - 24 or so
Starting BMI between 35 and 40ish? 
Join us on the Lightweights Board!

G. Vasquez
on 3/10/12 3:46 am - CA
same thing for me too..i get the same way its kinda scary..but i think its dehydration,,,i fill like i drink enough but when i work out my body is telling me its not enough....wish me luck lol going on treadmill as we speak lol...

Zeigled
on 3/10/12 11:07 am - Parkton, MD
Thanks everyone - I'll drink and get a monitor.
HW 357 SW 341   

Most Active
Recent Topics