Low pulse??? Dizzy

Zeigled
on 3/17/12 2:11 pm - Parkton, MD
Wondering ... my pulse is now running about 52-56.  I had a pulse around 76-84 prior to surgery and +124 lbs ago.  Also I get dizzy sometimes now - getting out of bed for example.  That has never happened before.  I drink a lot of water...etc. I've had over a gallon of fluid so far today.  I am taking my vitamens everyday.  I wonder if there is something else going on.  Weird.
HW 357 SW 341   

MickeyDee
on 3/17/12 5:23 pm
Are you taking any blood pressure meds? If so, you might need to be weened off them (1/2 a tab for a week, then 1/4 tab for a week, then 1/8 tab, then stop) Be sure to talk to your PCP about it.
Lady Lithia
on 3/17/12 6:00 pm
Do you take blood pressure medicines? If so, that likely will be causing your dizziness. You should see hte doctor who prescribed the blood pressure meds ASAP to reevaluate whether you need them anymore.

It sounds like orthostatic  hypotension.... When you go from a prone or sitting position to a standing position, especially rapidly, the blood pressure shift causes you to be dizzy, light headed, even nauseous sometimes. I get that sometimes. Sometimes more frequently than others, and I'm very good with my liquids, so it's not really lack of liquids. I never limit my salt intake, because I know that my blood pressure and pulse are low, and I don't need to have them lower.

When I was a couple of years out, I got a very bad flu (the year of Swine Flu) and I went to the hospital.. My BP was 70/40 and they were worried. They gave me an IV in hopes of getting my blood pressure up, and did a bunch of blood tests. After I sat there for an hour, my BP was 60/30, and they hustled me into teh ICU .... convinced I was getting ready to die.

I try to never get up fast/suddenly and even when I do get up, I always make sure I'm not going to be light headed before I walk away from the support of a chair, person, or wall to lean on. It doesn't happen often, but I'm always prepared for it.

~Lady Lithia~ 200 lbs lost! 
March 9, 2011 - Coccygectomy!
I chased my dreams, and my dreams, they caught me!
giraffesmiley.gif picture by hardyharhar_bucket

Most Active
Recent Topics