Mental munchies! What can I do?!?

Kaoz789
on 3/17/12 3:44 pm
 Boy are they bad tonight. EnterIng week 14 post op and frustrated to be back on a liquid diet. But it'll pass, no worries.  It's the freaking mental munchies that are screwing with my head tonight. I'm not physically hungry, I just want to enjoy the taste!

Nice steak and asparagus combo, maybe some Parmesan potatoes. Heck I'd be happy to suck on an asparagus spear right now. I want grown up food. I'm sick of shakes and broths and pseudo mushies. I wanna BITE something.

*sigh* *vent* 

it's going to pass, it's going to pass, it's going to pass

Just soon, please?

Lady Lithia
on 3/17/12 3:54 pm
early out, I had things to munch on that were okaay for my stage, and relatively calorie free... like cucumber slices... taste yummy and negligible calories.

There's a list on the net somewhere on the top ten calorie neutral snacks out there, I don't remember much from it.

To me, the best way to deal with it is to have something to snack on that is "guilt free"

~Lady Lithia~ 200 lbs lost! 
March 9, 2011 - Coccygectomy!
I chased my dreams, and my dreams, they caught me!
giraffesmiley.gif picture by hardyharhar_bucket

Kaoz789
on 3/17/12 4:00 pm
 Thanks, but unless it's a puréed cucumber it's coming nowhere near me. I'm bored of staring into toilets...

Actually, a puréed cucumber sounds good. Still want some crunching action though.

:-)

Lady Lithia
on 3/17/12 4:03 pm
I spent a summer in El Paso knocking doors as a religious missionary. One of my favorite drinks I was offered was cucumber water. Pureed cucumber, with sugar. Now I do that but with some splenda, it's light, refreshing, and very delicious.

~Lady Lithia~ 200 lbs lost! 
March 9, 2011 - Coccygectomy!
I chased my dreams, and my dreams, they caught me!
giraffesmiley.gif picture by hardyharhar_bucket

Kaoz789
on 3/17/12 4:09 pm
 That sounds awesome.

poet_kelly
on 3/17/12 4:03 pm - OH
Sometimes hot drinks help me.  Especially something with a lot of flavor, like herbal tea.

View more of my photos at ObesityHelp.com          Kelly

Please note: I AM NOT A DOCTOR.  If you want medical advice, talk to your doctor.  Whatever I post, there is probably some surgeon or other health care provider somewhere that disagrees with me.  If you want to know what your surgeon thinks, then ask him or her.    Check out my blog.

Kaoz789
on 3/17/12 4:10 pm
 Nuking now. Thanks for the advice. I'm feeling a little desperate tonight, usually Ive just muscled through but my patience is nearly gone.

takqia1
on 3/17/12 9:06 pm
I also went to herbal tea when I have a head hungier craving. Cucumber water is great too I've also had it with a little dill in it and it was good. I also chew ice and have even went to sonic just to buy a cup of ice. I found these great chrystal light hard candies too that I like to suck on sometimes.
It's funny you mentioned asparagus because that was on my veggies that I longed for after my broth period but after my protein which was deli turkey I ate it and I spent the day regretting it.
(deactivated member)
on 3/17/12 10:46 pm
Why are you on a liquid diet at week 14
JFinn
on 3/18/12 2:45 am - AK
RNY on 02/29/12
I feel for your need or want to BITE into something. I'm 18 days out and I really want to bite into something. This purée diet sucks! Just have to keep an eye on the prize!

Most Active
Recent Topics