Is it just me......

km0711
on 3/20/12 12:38 am - GA
RNY on 03/14/12
So I went to the grocery store yesterday to reup on my supplies and of course to get some walking in lol. I decided to go in every aisle and just pay attention to the different things healthy and non healthy to see how I will be reconstructuring my diet. I had to laugh at myself because I think my NUT and doctor have drilled in all the DON'T's so much that I started to look at certain things like oh no if I eat that my stomach might explode lol. When I eat I pay attention to the 1st sign of full and then the exploding stomach fear comes into play as if should I take another bite then BOOM lol. Has anyone else ever had the "what if" fear?

On a side note I'm 6 days post op and down 13lbs so I must be doing something right. YAY!

hoosierapple
on 3/20/12 12:44 am
Revision on 06/05/18

Congrats on your loss!  :)

poet_kelly
on 3/20/12 12:56 am - OH
No, I can't say that I've ever worried that my stomach would explode.

View more of my photos at ObesityHelp.com          Kelly

Please note: I AM NOT A DOCTOR.  If you want medical advice, talk to your doctor.  Whatever I post, there is probably some surgeon or other health care provider somewhere that disagrees with me.  If you want to know what your surgeon thinks, then ask him or her.    Check out my blog.

manda2108
on 3/20/12 1:18 am
 lol..I am scared to eat sooooo many things. I think a lot of my fear has come from the inconsistant information my surgeon has given me..and the lack of true 'guidelines'. Looking forward to my 3 month appt in 2 weeks, I hope we can get on the same page and some of my fears will go away. 

Way to go on your loss so far!

Kim H.
on 3/20/12 1:53 am - VA
RNY on 07/11/11 with
I was a little afraid that I would overeat and hurt myself, especially since overeating is what got me here. In the time since my surgery my diet/life has changed so much that it makes me laugh when I think about what I was worried about in the beginning. I bet you'll feel like this soon enough, too. I think some fear is good since I do know a woman who was a binge eater and she did "explode" her stomach on a binge after surgery. So, even though I think it's rare it's important to know how you ate/eat and if binging is an issue for you then get some therapy to deal with it before and after surgery. As for the grocery store, 95% of the time I only shop in the produce and the meat section. I don't eat anything if I don't know what the ingredients are, I don't eat any flour/pasta/rice/grains/sugar or alcohol, who am I??? Lol. I think it's great to really pay attention to what we eat and to realize how much unhealthy junk there is on the shelves that we used to love...or maybe still do...but we choose to eat right and every day/week/month/year we'll get healthier. You sound like you're doing great, keep it up!

I am my own hero...I save myself one day, one meal, one bite, one choice, one challenge, one step at a time...
H.A.L.A B.
on 3/20/12 4:45 am
exploding - no. Hurting - because I ate one or 2 bites too many - O yea.  
There were a few times that I took a bite, and by the time I chew it very well I realized that I am really full and decided not to swallow the last bite.   But also many times (unfortunately) I ate too fast and ate too much for my new anatomy and end up in pain - or serious discomfort after. (for a while at least - until the food moved from the pouch)

Hala. RNY 5/14/2008; Happy At Goal =HAG

"I can eat or do anything I want to - as long as I am willing to deal with the consequences"

"Failure is not falling down, It is not getting up once you fell... So pick yourself up, dust yourself off, and start all over again...."

Most Active
Recent Topics
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 26 replies · 266 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 27 replies · 313 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 29 replies · 330 views