I, too, am nervous, excited and anxious!

kkjordan78
on 3/22/12 4:53 am - Manor, TX
RNY on 03/26/12

Hello!

I am Lisa, I have been a member here for YEARS but I am just now going through with RNY. My surgery is scheduled for Monday, 3/26! This is my first post, after lurking for so long.

I am 33 and live on the outskirts of Austin. Dr. Ganta of the AIBL, something like that... My high weight was 333 but I started my pre-op diet I was around 310. Today, on my scale I weighed 295.4. The weight can't help but fall off on this liquid diet.

I have several co-morbidities, Type II Diabetes (insulin and pill) since age 25. I have hypertension and high cholesterol, asthma (diagnosed at 29!) and some beginning leg circulation issues. I have been fat nearly all my life, I was a 9 lb. baby and the scale continued to speed forward from there:)

I feel I am WAY too young to be dealing with all of the issues I have. I want to live at least another 60 and hopefully this will help me do that.

I guess, like many here, I am getting nervous and anxious about the procedure and recovery. I have had a lot of positive feedback and support but going under the knife is never easy.

I just wanted to finally introduce myself and say hello. I don't have any pics uploaded yet but I plan to get one up soon.

Lisa

HrQueen
on 3/22/12 4:56 am - CA
Hello,

Mine is on the 26th also.  Still in that so much to do before surgery mode that it does not seem real.  Good luck on Monday and see you on the the other side.

Carolyn

kkjordan78
on 3/22/12 5:12 am - Manor, TX
RNY on 03/26/12
Hi Carolyn!

You are so right, it does not feel real. I am trying my best to be ready. I wish you the best of luck, too! Take care.

Lisa
sweet-tart2012
on 3/22/12 5:58 am - TX
RNY on 02/16/12
Welcome, Lisa!  Please don't lurk anymore but continue to post.  We love having you!!  It's bigger in your mind than when it will actually happen.  I didn't have any problems after surgery at all.  Was home the next day.  Pack a small pillow for your stomach.  You'll definitely need it in the car.  I slept in the hospital gown since I knew next day was check out.  Oh!  Bring a loose house dress to go home in as your stomach will be very swollen and tender.  Best wishes

kkjordan78
on 3/22/12 1:57 pm - Manor, TX
RNY on 03/26/12
Hello!

Thank you for your words of encouragement and advice. I will definitely take a pillow. I am going to post more and share. I have been in the shadows for a while, I know this is a great group of people. Thanks for the welcome!

Lisa
tms64
on 3/22/12 10:01 am - TX

Lisa I will be thinking of you on the 26th.  I am from the austin area also.  I live in Pflugerville and will be having my surgey done by Dr. Sherrod.  No date as of yet.  Do you attend any support groups in the area?

Have a wonderful week and weekend and get ready for the rest of your life.....so exciting !!!!

Tracy

kkjordan78
on 3/22/12 2:02 pm - Manor, TX
RNY on 03/26/12
Hello Tracy!

I have been house hunting in Pflugerville! It is time to leave the huge metropolitan of Manor:) I do not belong to any groups yet. Dr. Ganta's office has one and Seton Hospital gave me a lot of information on theirs. I need to find one soon. Where do you go? I'd love to meet you one day!

Lisa
1Haute Diva
on 3/22/12 12:08 pm - Fort Stewart, GA
RNY on 03/20/12
Welcome to the board. I just had my surgery on Tuesday and I'm feeling pretty good. I was nervous too pre-op. I don't think I slept much for the last couple of nights before the surgery. So your excitement and nervousness is normal.

Good luck Monday and keep us posted!
- Shaw

kkjordan78
on 3/22/12 2:05 pm - Manor, TX
RNY on 03/26/12
Hello Diva,

Thank you for the welcome and well wishes. It might sound bad but I am glad to hear my feelings are normal. This pre-op diet is making me more mean than anything but I can work myself up pretty good, if I let me... I will definitely keep you all posted and try to get my page together with at least a pic or two. I am just so ready to get to the next phase!

Lisa
Most Active
Recent Topics