Stall and I know why!

MrsZoe
on 3/22/12 7:42 pm
I have been very bad with the sugar intake lately and water and vitamins I forget when I get busy.
I am in desperate need of a get on track buddy. I have 61 pounds to go and I want to kick this in high gear. I want to do all the things right. So I am here to hold my self accountable and to ask for your support in my desperate time of need. I had RNY I am 7 months out. I have a German doc and he does not seem to give out numbers when asked about consumption. I am ready to let go of my wine and my occasional cheese cake I don't eat bread, but I did not know that rice and pasta and potatoes were bad for my diet. Any help and advice would be greatly appreciated what works for you? How many days and how long do I stay at the gym? Should I be doing toning excesses as well as cardio? I can do this with a little direction. I know the numbers. Should I do the five day pouch, or what? I have been absent here because I am ashamed of my failure. So there is my confession and thanks that alone makes me feel better. Also my hunger is back and I crave cheese cake and sugary things the same as before. I have bought sugar free snacks to combat this such as jello pudding and Popsicles good idea or bad? Cutting sugar out is a lot like quitting nicotine, and advice on the transition?
Price S.
on 3/22/12 9:02 pm - Mills River, NC
If you are just 7 months out, you have time to get those last pounds off but changing your eating habits are parimount to long term success.  You want to not only lost those 61 lbs but then keep them off and you can't do that with pasta, rice, cheesecake and wine.  Start tracking your intake on one of the on-line trackers.  When I was losing, I kept my carbs to abour 30, calories around 1000 and protein over 100, mostly around 130. 

the cheesecake SF pudding is pretty darn good and you can add a some protein powder to it.  SF popcycles are fine. 

Get your fluids and protein up and your carbs down and you will start losing again and gain the habits you need for long term success.  And those vits are your life line.  Do something to ensure you get them.  That isn't something to mess around with.

LW-Apple-Gold-Small.jpg image by PlicketyCat  66 yrs young, 4'11"  hw  220, goal 120 met at 12 months, cw 129 learning Maintainance

Between 35-40 BMI? join us on the Lightweight board.  the Lightweight Board

twellington1
on 3/22/12 9:09 pm - NH
I am 5 months out and the old demons are showing up again too.  Carbs are my enemy!!  My answer to you about food intake is PROTEIN first.  If you eat your protein first you will be full and satisfied and that will help the physical hunger.  Now the head hunger is another matter.  You need to keep busy when the head hunger strikes (read, take a walk, go onliine, phone a friend) distraction is the best thing for head hunger.  Also be careful of the sugerfree stuff because it can make us sick (sugar alcohols).  Your not a failure your just struggling. I am not perfect, but I am learning to forgive myself when I have days when I do not do things the way I think I should.  It is okay to have moments when it is hard this is a life long journey!!!  Good luck, Tina

MrsZoe
on 3/22/12 9:22 pm
Thanks for the words of encouragement guys! and also thanks for posting the numbers

Jennifer M.
on 3/22/12 11:21 pm - MN
RNY on 02/17/12
 About the gym:  this is a controversial topic.  My opinion is that you need to exercise for your own physical well-being.  It may or may not help you lose weight.   But, it will help with muscle tone, lung function, and energy.  You can get those benefits from staying active generally.  You do not have to go to the gym.  

If you do want to go to the gym, that's fine.  You can get real benefits out of 30 minutes a day, but as you become more fit, you may decide to bump it up.  Don't bother with more than 60 minutes a day.  Incorporate some resistance or weight training.  

If you enjoy exercise and maintain an active lifestyle, you will probably be able to maintain your weight with a higher calorie budget.  That might be important to you.  

Jenny_D
on 3/23/12 12:14 am - Canton, GA
Hello Friend!  I am in the same boat as you.  I have been avoiding this forum because I was ashamed of my slip back into old habits. But now  I am BACK and determined to stay on track.

I had my surgery 10 months ago and I have lost 91 pounds, but 89 of those pounds were lost by Mid-December. Until this week, I hadn't lost any weight in 3 months! I actually gained 1 pound. And I know it is because I was slipping back into my old habits. I was eating *gasp* McDonald's, candy, cookies, chips, drinking with meals....all my weaknesses. And I was snacking in front of the TV all evening after everyone else went to bed (I'm a classic closet eater).

7 weeks ago I signed myself up for a 5K and started the Couch to 5K program in hopes that exercising would kick me into gear, but I soon discovered that unless I also controlled my diet, the scale would still not move.  Sigh.

I am now on day 4 of the 5 Day Pouch Test and I can say that it is AWESOME! I didn't buy the book, so I am sure I am not doing it 100% correctly, but I am following what I can glean from the website and I've already dropped 3 pounds. I am rediscovering my pouch again and I am getting back to basics - Protein first, no drinking with meals, portion control, no slider foods!  I feel great.

If you need a motivation buddy, I would love to help! I need it too to keep me going!  Add me as a friend. Now excuse me, my treadmill is calling me for my first 26 minute run!  Woohoo!
Jenny         HW: 268 / SW: 254 / CW: 180 / GW: 140
First 5K: 4.21.2012 - Time: 34:45 - 2nd Place in age group
Second 5K: 6.2.2012 - Time 37:09

seattledeb
on 3/23/12 7:03 am
 Another point...wine has 7 calories/gm
Protein 4 calories/gm
It's a lot of wasted calories you are taking in!
Good luck getting back on track.
Today..take your vitamins!
Deb T.

MrsZoe
on 3/23/12 7:16 pm
Day one of the five day pouch test and thanks for all your support!

Most Active
Recent Topics
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 29 replies · 202 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 24 replies · 256 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 24 replies · 304 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 18 replies · 265 views