No Flinstone vitamins?????

(deactivated member)
on 3/25/12 7:51 am
My sister has a swallowing disorder and she uses an adult bubblegum vitamin so she doesn't have to swallow anything. I don't know the brand but I know it exists because her doctor recommended it since she can't swallow vitamins.
poet_kelly
on 3/25/12 10:27 am - OH
The only one I know of like that is Vitaballs, I think it's called.  And it has no minerals in it so it's not a very good choices.

View more of my photos at ObesityHelp.com          Kelly

Please note: I AM NOT A DOCTOR.  If you want medical advice, talk to your doctor.  Whatever I post, there is probably some surgeon or other health care provider somewhere that disagrees with me.  If you want to know what your surgeon thinks, then ask him or her.    Check out my blog.

(deactivated member)
on 3/25/12 7:53 am, edited 3/25/12 7:54 am
Oh and I just went to search online for the adult vitamin thing and I saw this about vitamins that are in pixy stick form. I didn't look to see what's in them though
http://health.yahoo.net/experts/dayinhealth/are-new-pixie-stick-vitamins-safe

edit: here is the info for what's in them http://www.alternavites.com/adult

bridie_53
on 3/25/12 8:08 am - IL
RNY on 05/16/12
 thanks Kelly, I need all the info I can get!
Skoonie
on 3/25/12 8:14 am - Van Wert, OH
RNY on 01/31/12 with
I use the Centrum and I think they taste alot like the Flintstones

artroxy blue
on 3/25/12 10:03 am - MA
RNY on 08/14/12
 My surgeon's office suggests them for the first 6 weeks post-op if you don't want to swallow pills and/or you didn't get the other multis he suggested. After that, though, he wants you to switch to one of the other vitamins suggested. 

Maybe your surgeon is only suggesting them for the short term?
seattledeb
on 3/25/12 12:21 pm
 I will tell you that your tastes may change after surgery. Vitamins that you can handle pre may make you hurl afterwords. Just keep a hold of those..your tastes may change again. I have a "bariatric" shelf in my kitchen. Early out I had so many different varieties!

I have to take 21 pills a day now not including any vitamins. I know i couldn't have done it the first year post op. Pill were hard. But I can do it now. One pill at a time. It gets my fluid in.
I have to be sitting up and relaxed to do it. I often read posts here while I'm doing it so I don't have to think about it too much.
It does get easier.
Deb T.

bridie_53
on 3/25/12 12:30 pm - IL
RNY on 05/16/12
 21 pills a day--HOLY CRAP! I don't know if I could do that and get all my nutrition in!
seattledeb
on 3/25/12 1:12 pm
 Oh trust me...you would take these pills. I will be taking them for the rest of my life. They keep my new kidney happy.
It's kind of a good thing that I got that taking vitamins was part of the daily gig. I got that I had to find a way to get them down.
It prepared me for taking all these new ones.

We can do hard things (love ya Shari)

Deb T.

Most Active
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 29 replies · 320 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 26 replies · 240 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 16 replies · 300 views
What's on your Saturday menu??
Amy Liz · 4 replies · 75 views
Recent Topics