No Flinstone vitamins?????

poet_kelly
on 3/25/12 9:29 am - OH
The One A Day gummies have no vitamin K, they are missing some of the B vitamins, they are missing either copper or zinc, I forget which, they have NO selenium, No mangenese... I forget what else but they are missing a few other things.

View more of my photos at ObesityHelp.com          Kelly

Please note: I AM NOT A DOCTOR.  If you want medical advice, talk to your doctor.  Whatever I post, there is probably some surgeon or other health care provider somewhere that disagrees with me.  If you want to know what your surgeon thinks, then ask him or her.    Check out my blog.

jodisue40
on 3/25/12 7:15 am - OH
RNY on 04/11/12
Thank you that does help

Debbie A.
on 3/25/12 7:21 am - Aurora, OH
 I was told to use the Flinstone chewables for the first month only.

bridie_53
on 3/25/12 7:21 am - IL
RNY on 05/16/12
 Thank you all! I will go to ABSMA page. (did I type that right?)
poet_kelly
on 3/25/12 7:24 am - OH
ASMBS - American Society for Metabolic and Bariatric Surgery.  Here are the vitamin guidelines: nutrition.otago.ac.nz/__data/assets/file/0005/4784/Bariatric NutritionReading.pdf

Please note: I AM NOT A DOCTOR.  If you want medical advice, talk to your doctor.  Whatever I post, there is probably some surgeon or other health care provider somewhere that disagrees with me.  If you want to know what your surgeon thinks, then ask him or her.    Check out my blog.

MrsLitch
on 3/25/12 7:33 am - Morris, IL
RNY on 06/04/12
Thanks Kelly this will help with my research for a liquid vitamin online. I appreciate it!
seattledeb
on 3/25/12 7:22 am
 I promise I'm not being snarky but this is a really good subject to do a search feature on. There are a million posts about these vitamins. There have been some excellent responses..my favorite being a well researched essay by Andrea (she has a blog http://wlsvitagarten.com/ ) where she broke down the cost and what you get. Bottom line..they have less vitamins and they cost more!! There is no reason in the world to take them.
Deb T.

MrsLitch
on 3/25/12 7:28 am - Morris, IL
RNY on 06/04/12
I want to start taking vitamins before I get surgery to get in the habit of taking them (obviously at a lesser dose than I will need afterwards). I've seen mention here of gummies, chewables etc. I have a phsycological issue with medicine... if it's in pill form or once was I won't get it down. Because of this I take liquid everything. Anyone know of a good liquid vitamin? I know I can get the b12 in a spray and iron in liquid form so those don't worry me.
poet_kelly
on 3/25/12 10:27 am - OH
Check out Celebrate ENS (celebratevitamins.com).  It's a powder you mix with water,  kinda like one of those crystal light drink packets.  It has a multivitamin plus 500 mg calcium.  They have it with protein and without.  It's kinda pricy but I used it for quite a while because I was having an issue taking pills.  If you email Celebrate, they will probably send you some free samples.

You can also check out Upcal D, which is powdered calcium citrate.  It has no taste and you can put it in any drink.

rbb825
on 3/25/12 7:25 pm - Suffern, NY
the best and cheapest multi that you can take right out the gate is centrum silver multi's they have everything you need including selenium which most of the other multi's are missing.  You take 2 per day and you are set for a multi.  They have no iron, so you can take them with your calcium but you need to take a separate iron supplement with vitamin C.

Calciums - you can get samples from baritric advantage and celebrate.com - they are chewables, a bit pricey but the only chewables and are quite tastey.  I love the BA cherry lozenges - 500mg each, take 3-4 times per day or the raspberry chewies 250mg - takes 2 at a time, 3 -4 times per day, or a combination of the 2.  also other flavors.

You may have a hard time finding everything in liquid. 

B12 - the spray doesn't work very well but you can use either a sublingual which is a pill that you just let melt on your tongue or you get an injection at your doctors office or you can do it yourself - I have been doing them myself for over 15 years.

iron - you need carbonyl iron with vitamin C - I don't know if this type comes in a liquid - it comes in capsules or chewables - vitalady.com has them in chewables 25mg per chewables - so you will have to take more of them -the capsules are 60mg each.  For each 25mg chewable - you need to take 200mg of vitamin C in order to help absorb it better.

Vitamin D - again we need Dry D3 which I have only seen in tablet or better yet, the best ones are tiny little capsules.

Vitamin B1 - you need to take 100mg of vitamin B1 daily  - you can find this at vitalady.com in a sublingual - this is absoultely neccesary to avoid nerve damage.

Most Active
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 29 replies · 320 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 26 replies · 240 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 16 replies · 300 views
What's on your Saturday menu??
Amy Liz · 4 replies · 75 views
Recent Topics
What's on your Saturday menu??
Amy Liz · 4 replies · 75 views