After surgery

NanaMaLosingIt
on 3/26/12 5:47 am - OH
RNY on 05/23/12

After your surgery were you giving anything so you would not get blood clots? If so what did you have to take and for how long?
Monica M.
on 3/26/12 5:49 am - Penetanguishene, Canada
I had my surgery in Ontario. They gave me heparin in hospital, by injection, and i was to give myself injections for 7 days after coming home. Not all hospitals follow this protocol, however.

(deactivated member)
on 3/26/12 5:56 am
 Yes I got an injection called fragmin. I injected 2,500 IU in the morning and 5,000 IU at night for 14 days after surgery.
NanaMaLosingIt
on 3/26/12 6:17 am - OH
RNY on 05/23/12

Thank you for the info.

poet_kelly
on 3/26/12 6:36 am - OH
I was given something in the hospital.  I can't remember the name right now,, started with an L, I think.  I did not take anything after coming home, though.

View more of my photos at ObesityHelp.com          Kelly

Please note: I AM NOT A DOCTOR.  If you want medical advice, talk to your doctor.  Whatever I post, there is probably some surgeon or other health care provider somewhere that disagrees with me.  If you want to know what your surgeon thinks, then ask him or her.    Check out my blog.

Autumn Jensen
on 3/26/12 6:38 am - Lind, WA
RNY on 03/06/12
WAS NOT GIVEN ANYTHING TO TAKE AT HOME. WAS GIVEN SOMETHING IN THE HOSPITAL THOUGH. CAN'T REMEMBER WHAT IT WAS CALLED. THEY INJECTED IT INTO ME.
Cheryl C.
on 3/26/12 7:09 am - NY
RNY on 02/29/12 with
I received coumidin (??) injections while in the hospital (2 days).  Nothing at home.

Cher    

Coach2012
on 3/26/12 7:42 am
 I received Lovenox injections in my stomach each day I was in the hospital..didn't hurt at all just stung a bit!

sweet-tart2012
on 3/26/12 8:21 am - TX
RNY on 02/16/12
I was given the tight leggie thingies that came mid thigh.  Also shots in hospital.  I was given a prescription several days before I went in for surgery for shots (blood thinner).   I think the one starting with L.  I gave myself shots for 10 days after surgery. 

Dragonfly Dreamer
on 3/26/12 8:43 am, edited 3/26/12 8:43 am - Canada
I wore these straps around my legs that pulsated to keep the blood flooring (wasnt uncomfortable)

I was also given injections and they where painless besides one given by a nurse who was miserable. They were given in my upper arms and I didnt have to do any at home...

Day of surgery I had one injection
Day 2 I was given three injections throughout the day
Day 3 I was given two injections

Surgery was at St Mikes, Toronto Ontario..
Most Active
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 55 replies · 485 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 31 replies · 412 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 28 replies · 399 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 25 replies · 343 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 16 replies · 178 views
Recent Topics