Sort of a NSv

longhornrose
on 3/27/12 5:58 am - South Texas
RNY on 09/13/12

I've been working hard on my eating habits, trying to get in lots of good protein, trying to cut out as many bad carbs as possible, reduce portion sizes, etc., and have actually lost some weight.  I'm down from 316 in late December/early January, to 304 at the doctor's office yesterday. 

Anywho, today kind of got away from me; had to take son to run errands this morning, so wound up at McD's for breakfast - had an egg mcmuffin and coffee; then to Luby's Cafeteria for lunch, because the errands took a lot longer than we planned.  Hadn't been there in forever, and their food is really good.  Walked in planning on a salad and a protein source - baked chicken, fish, or something like that - but wound up with salad, fried liver (which I love, and haven't had in years), spinach and squash.  And of course, couldn't pass up the desserts, which are to die for.

But this is what I did:  ate about half of everything, and about 1/3 of the dessert I chose, boxed up the rest and brought it home for another couple of meals.  (Or, maybe this will be hubby's dinner, and I won't have to cook.)  I'm pretty sure the food is so good because of all the fats, sat. fats, salt, and maybe even a little sugar they use, so my choices weren't the greatest, but not cleaning my plate was a victory for me. 

Now, I'm headed out to Hobby Lobby to grab a buggy and walk for as long as my arthritic knees () will allow.  Hopefully, that'll burn off a few of the calories in my food today.  Supper will definitely be only a protein shake, and if I really need something to chew on, we have fruit.

Bless the food and pass the biscuits, I think I'm learning a little self-discipline and making good food choices, and I'm really proud of that! 

Beth

Consult WT: 312   SW274   CW: 244

Ramie A.
on 3/27/12 6:14 am - Bronx, New York, NY
Congratulations! 

Aren't you glad you can post things like that here and get a pat on the back??  (Presurgery) when I would come home from a really hard day and tell my husband, I only ate half of the candy bar and threw the rest away he'd be like, why were you eating a candy bar??  Very defeating!

So congratulations on only eating half!  I'm PROUD of you!!

Ramie
Lapband Nov 2006; revision to RNY 8/17/2011
5'3", HW: 205 / Consult: 189  /  SW: 184  /  CW: 140  /  GW: 130

rhondanewme
on 3/27/12 7:53 am - Grantsboro, NC
Good for you Beth!!! Definitly a NSV. I'm proud of you too!
happy_baker
on 3/27/12 8:03 am
RNY on 02/15/12
It's really great that you're moderating yourself. I assume you're pre-op? It's excellent practice for live after surgery.

Keep up the good work!
_._._._._. _._._._._. _._._._._. _._._._._. _._._._._. _._._._._. _._._._._. _._._._._. 
Check out my video blog!  www.youtube.com/user/HappilyShrinking/videos
Highest weight: 269.  Surgery weight: 233.  Goal weight: 144, and then we'll see.. 
happy_baker
on 3/27/12 8:04 am
RNY on 02/15/12
It's really great that you're moderating yourself. I assume you're pre-op? It's excellent practice for life after surgery.

Keep up the good work!
_._._._._. _._._._._. _._._._._. _._._._._. _._._._._. _._._._._. _._._._._. _._._._._. 
Check out my video blog!  www.youtube.com/user/HappilyShrinking/videos
Highest weight: 269.  Surgery weight: 233.  Goal weight: 144, and then we'll see.. 
longhornrose
on 3/27/12 8:40 am - South Texas
RNY on 09/13/12
Thanks for the responses, you guys!  It's nice to be acknowledged! 

And yes, I'm pre-op.  Hopefully, all my testing will be done within the next 2 -3 weeks, and then if all goes well, it'll get sent to insurance for approval.  I'd love to have surgery by early May, if possible, but will see how it all goes.

Btw, I walked as much as I could - knees are pretty stiff today, so I wasn't as energetic as I wanted, but something's better than nothing, right?

Thanks again for your support!

Beth

Consult WT: 312   SW274   CW: 244

Most Active
Recent Topics
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 31 replies · 219 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 24 replies · 258 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 24 replies · 306 views
What's on your Monday Menu?