Stomach Stretching Back?!

mascharnhorst
on 3/28/12 3:54 am - Wichita, KS
So today I was able to eat a 6inch sub from Subway all by myself...in one sitting. How can I do that? Am I slipping back into old horrible habits? Have I ruined myself? I'm thinking of even going back on just liquids for a bit to see if that would help, but I'm just not sure. I haven't gained weight, but I'm still terrified. Any thoughts? Suggestions? Magic Cures?

Karly Green
on 3/28/12 4:13 am - Middletown, NJ
Our stomachs stretch, that's what they do by nature.
I don't think you're in danger of stretching it back to it's old size. You where probably just having a "big pouch day". One time I ate a whole whopper jr & small fries while in an airport at like 9 months out. ..... I freaked a little. But then realized my pouch is still a working tool and I probably just ate fast or IDK, chewed well or something.
Stretching your pouch out to the point where it doesn't work as a tool anymore is rare.
We all know the saying "Just because I can doesn't mean I should". So just be careful hun.

Watch what I eat at myfitnesspal.com username karkar28
PMarie
on 3/28/12 4:14 am - Bloomington, MN
 I can eat a 6 inch sub--takes me 30 minutes, but still...   You have not ruined yourself.  The question is, how often do you do this, and is bread, etc a trigger for you?

Brittany M.
on 3/28/12 4:42 am
I can eat a footlong some days.  I can really eat quite a bit.  But just because I can doesn't mean I should!

That said, I don't see anything wrong with eating a 6 inch sub.  After a year or two, we need to be able to eat more "normally" to stay healthy.  We just need to make good choices.

It sounds to me like you still have a bit of an unhealthy relationship with food.  Food will not ruin you.  You need good, healthy food to survive.  Is bread a problem for you?  It can be for me, so I try to limit it, but I still eat a sub every now & then with no guilt.  My suggestion is to look at why you're feeling so anxious about this and to try to remember that food is not the enemy.  If you have a carby lunch, just have lean protein & veggies for dinner and call it good, you know? 

poet_kelly
on 3/28/12 4:52 am - OH
I can eat a six inch veggie sub.  Well, I usually leave behind a couple bites of the bread.  But I can eat at least most of one.

You haven't ruined yourself, no.  What do you think going back on liquids would help you with?  I don't know if you are slipping back into old horrible habits or not.  Are you?  Is eating a six inch sub a horrible habit?  It's not something I eat often because of all the bread, but I don't see anything wrong with doing it occasionally.

View more of my photos at ObesityHelp.com          Kelly

Please note: I AM NOT A DOCTOR.  If you want medical advice, talk to your doctor.  Whatever I post, there is probably some surgeon or other health care provider somewhere that disagrees with me.  If you want to know what your surgeon thinks, then ask him or her.    Check out my blog.

ToNewBeginnings
on 3/28/12 6:13 am
I also can eat a 6 inch sub. It kind of scared me at first. If you think about it though, it's made with a lot of fluffy bread. I think the bread slides on through so to speak. You wouldn't be able to eat that much if it was all dense protein. 

H.A.L.A B.
on 3/28/12 6:32 am
Just because you can - it does not mean you should.  There are days I can eat a lot (realively) but there are days that I have 2-3 bites and I am done. But on days that I think I can eat a lot - I still try to measure.

Hala. RNY 5/14/2008; Happy At Goal =HAG

"I can eat or do anything I want to - as long as I am willing to deal with the consequences"

"Failure is not falling down, It is not getting up once you fell... So pick yourself up, dust yourself off, and start all over again...."