Ranting in Colorado!

Hattie T.
on 3/28/12 2:30 pm - Denver, CO
Well, now it has happened to me.  I am 3.5 months out and have hit a stall.  DARN IT!!!  I am in week two of it.    Last week I tried to shock my body by increasing my calories from 800 to nearly 1000.   That REALLY didn't help.  My new plan is  to reduce my calories from my usual 800 to between 650 and 700, and increase my exercise.  For those of you who have been through a stall, please let me know if I am not correctly handling this problem.  In the mean time, good night, everybody.  I'm going to bed and sulk.

Hattie
Htaylor46     HW 412, SW 386, CW 309, GW 190      
(deactivated member)
on 3/28/12 9:46 pm
Feeling your pain big time, Hattie! I'm down 72 pounds and have been trying to avoid the scale because 1) I was hoping to weigh myself on my birthday in a couple of weeks and be in ONEderland and 2) I'm at a point where my weight loss efforts always stall out, my body just loves 205 I guess. But, yesterday I got on the scale and am the same as I was at the beginning of last week.  BOO!!! 

Oh well, I'm going to stick it out and hopefully not let it bum me out too much. I hope your's break soon!
christinalee
on 3/29/12 12:36 am - At Home in, NH
Correctly handling? Eh, that's a very subjective thing, isn't it? I will tell you from personal experience and lots and lots of anecdotal experience reading these boards, that you can't "handle" a stall (read: make it do what you want it to do). What you can do is just keep on doing what you are doing (all those things that have you very successful in the first place) and eventually your body will have a "light bulb" moment and begin shedding the pounds again. Stalls happen (and you know that of course, you just didnt' think they'd happen to you -- just like I didn't think they would happen to me). But they do and you just 1) keep doing everything you know is right, 2) don't get all in a twist about not losing weight and 3) when your body "catches up" it will start dropping the pounds again.

Correct or incorrect, I don't know, but that is the way I've found to live with the natural flow of all things weight loss related without driving yourself crazy mad trying to push through something your body isn't ready to do.

"Just keep swimming." ~ Dorrie

Hattie T.
on 3/29/12 12:48 pm - Denver, CO
Thank you!

Hattie
Jennifer M.
on 3/29/12 12:47 am - MN
RNY on 02/17/12
 Two weeks is nothing!!!!    You've been doing great, and you've got to let your body catch up to the crazy stress you've put it through by losing so much weight so quickly.

The advice I've gotten here is that it ain't a stall unless it lasts four weeks.  (I know... we all talk about the week three stall, but even that's not a stall).  

Put the scale away for a couple of weeks.  Focus on the basics, and the scale will move again.  Don't starve yourself, or drive yourself crazy with exercise.  Little changes can help move the scale, but so can waiting it out.

Addie1od
on 3/29/12 12:47 am - philadlephia, PA
Yep... there i am too. i am 4 months out and in an almost 3 week stall. i only lost 42 lbs and seeing how well everyone else is doing i really think i am doing something seriously wrong, in addition my hair is falling out by the handful. so i will be bald and stalled - does not feel good to be me right now but i take inspiration and positive energy from this list! it helping to keep me based in reality - i think. So, hang in there grl. you got this! we supposedly have quite a few more months of the "honeymoon" period so the stall has got to break - right? right??!! Right!!

i have been averaging 90 - 100 g of protein and between 980 and 1100 in calories.... maybe i should go on a diet?
Be well, and always - take care of you!
a.

(deactivated member)
on 3/29/12 1:28 am
RIGHT!! Hang in there!! That's what I'm telling myself and I'm sticking to it :)!
Hattie T.
on 3/29/12 12:50 pm, edited 3/29/12 12:50 pm - Denver, CO

You are all so funny!  First time I've laughed all day!

Thank you for the encouragement!

Hattie

Most Active
Recent Topics