Few Post Op Questions

kitzunenotsuki
on 4/2/12 4:41 am - ND
RNY on 03/27/12
 I just had the Laposcopic  RNY surgery on March 27th.  It waasn't nearly as bad as I thought it would be.  I have Fibormyalgia so I thought I'd be in tons of pain but I wasn't.  My nurses were wonderful, too.  So far I haven't had any comlpications.  I'm on my 6th day so I get to start my protein shakes soon, and I'm excited.

My tummy always feels a bit odd now, though.  Like it's constantly moving.  Will it always feel like that?

Also... I can't get all the sticky adhesive off my skin, even though I keep scrubbing it.  Any tips?

Pre-op weight  265, weight date of surgery 247, Weight today 217, Goal Weight 133
 Date of RNY: March 27th 2012    
nfarris79
on 4/2/12 4:54 am - Germantown, MD
 If it's steristrips that are on your abdomen, you have to let them fall off on their own. If it's residue from tape, don't scrub b/c it'll just irritate your skin - just soap & time will take care of it.
Moving might be gas moving around..... my gas lasted for a few weeks postop! Or might just be healing....

First ultra: Stone Mill 50 miler 11/15/14 13:44:38, First Full Marathon: Marine Corps 10/27/13 4:57:11Half Marathon PR 2:04:43 at Shamrock VA Beach Half-Marathon, 12/2/12 First Half-Marathon 2:32:47, 5K PR  Run Under the Lights 5K 27:23 on 11/23/13, 10K PR 52:53 Pike's Peek 10K 4/21/13(1st timed run) Accumen 8K 51:09 10/14/12.

bowlwidow
on 4/2/12 5:10 am - IN
Gas and healing probally explains the feeling in your tummy.  Alcohol helps get the tape goo off.

Goodluck on your journey.

Christy

HW/SW/CW/GW
324/287125/130      

Kat Kat
on 4/2/12 5:13 am - AZ
Your stomach has just gone through a lot, it's hardly had time to heal, so it's bound to be acting differently right now. Lots of people don't have complications, so be happy and patient as you go the healing process .

Let the Steri-strips come off by themselves, they're part of what's holding you together. When you get your staples, or stitches out ask the Doctor to remove the adhesive, or give you advice. Mine recommended alcohol, but not to be used ON the incision.

Kat

Used2Bthin
on 4/2/12 5:22 am - Canada
I am a year out and my stomic gurgles and moves all the time.
     Dr. Nohr in Medicine Hat.  Open RNY March 28 2011.  Start weight 253 current weight 122.       
1Haute Diva
on 4/2/12 5:24 am - Fort Stewart, GA
RNY on 03/20/12
If you're talking about the steristrip over ea*****ision, leave it alone. It will wear off/come off on its own. If you mean the stickiness from the tape that held the IVs etc I found that alcohol got it off.

Your tummy is healing. mine still does it too.
- Shaw

scorpio78
on 4/2/12 5:54 am
I'm 2 weeks3days out, and my stomach has gotten better. It is pretty weird in the beginning, but it really only does that when I eat. I had a hard time with the tape too..alcohol helped but I ended up scratching at it with my fingernails to get it off..as time goes it ends up washing off in the shower. So, good luck with everything!

asellman
on 4/2/12 7:56 am
i used baby oil to get that sticky adhesive off my skin it work realy good, i just put a some on before my shower and with the soup and water it came right of.
kitzunenotsuki
on 4/2/12 10:10 am - ND
RNY on 03/27/12
 Thanks guys.    And, nonono, of course not the bandages.  I just have a lot of sticky left from everything else they put on me during the sugery.  
  Pre-op weight  265, weight date of surgery 247, Weight today 217, Goal Weight 133
 Date of RNY: March 27th 2012    
chatterpam
on 4/2/12 3:06 pm - PA
I am 9-1/2 months out and my tummy hasn't felt the same as before surgery. It doesn't hurt... just feels strange, like I am always aware that it is there. It gurgles and bubbles and embarrasses me from time to time after I eat by sounding like there is an alien in there (or a cranky dragon... LOL) As for your question, it felt quite awkward for about 2 months... then I started feeling more "normal"... good luck on your journey!

Most Active
Recent Topics