Lightheaded?

BellaSaid35
on 4/6/12 4:30 am
Question for you guys- I am 7 weeks out, and I am still getting lightheaded when I stand up. Is that normal, and for how long does it last? It's more of an annoyance than anything, but it has happened twice while I picked up my son and that worries me. Should I ask my doc?
On2BetterThings
on 4/6/12 4:34 am - Germantown, WI
RNY on 04/03/12
are you sure you should be picking up your son? becuase.. i was told no lifting more then 10 pounds for 6-8 weeks.. and your just on the borderline.. but then again idk how much your son weighs..

my daughter has been HOUNDING ME, she wants me to hold her so bad.. i feel horrible lol.. but ya know.. 
BellaSaid35
on 4/6/12 4:55 am
I was told one month not picking up anything over 15 lbs. But let's be honest- I'm a mommy. I have 2 kids. I lifted him alot. But I was really careful. :)
On2BetterThings
on 4/6/12 5:02 am - Germantown, WI
RNY on 04/03/12
yea i feel you, i have two kids as well.. a soon to be 5 yr old.. and a 1 yr old.. ill cuddle with her but i wont pick her up.. im a big baby when it comes to pain.. and shes active.. dont want her to kick me in an incision..
Heidi T.
on 4/6/12 5:20 am
RNY on 01/31/12
 how mcuh fluid are you drinking?  You should be getting 80+oz a day.

rny 1/30/12              
On 1/30/12 I begain my new healthier life, it is not easy, but day by day I will reach my goals.                
Diminishing Dawn
on 4/6/12 5:48 am - Windsor, Canada
 Yes it is fairly common. It's called orthostatic hypotension. Just go slllllllooowwww when you are moving from one position to another.

17+ years post op RNY. first year blog here or My LongTimer blog. Tummy Tuck Dr. Matic 2014 -Ohip funded panni Windsor WLS support group.message me anytime!
HW:290 LW:139 RW: 167 CW: 139

kathyshrinks
on 4/6/12 5:57 am - WA
RNY on 01/18/12
I had some lightheadedness for about the first two months. Only if I stood up fast. I chalked it up to not drinking enough, but orthostatic hypotension sounds way cooler.
Rdy4change11
on 4/6/12 7:01 am - GA
If you know you're getting enough fluids in, I would also recommend reading up on orthostatic hypotension.  I've been having the same problems since surgery and finally saw my PCP at about 3 months out because it wasn't getting any better.  Your doctor can check your blood pressure while you're in different positions to try to diagnose it.  There's no fix, but at least it might give you better understanding of what's going on.  Good luck!
CheriMay
on 4/6/12 7:35 am - Jackson, NJ
I'm 18wks out and I seem to have light headed issues too, though mine are not when I stnd up, its every time I bend over. I also every now and again lose my balance and side step too.
Cathrine J.
on 4/7/12 3:33 am - Victoria, Canada
RNY on 02/01/12
I have the same things happen to me, CheriMay.

HW 262, BMI 46.2 / SW 216, BMI 38.2 / CW 183 / GW 155
*45 lbs were lost pre-op.
5' 3 1/2"

Most Active
Recent Topics