Hormone fluctuations

artroxy blue
on 4/8/12 11:16 am, edited 4/8/12 11:37 am - MA
RNY on 08/14/12
 I'm wondering how the hormonal fluctuations were for you after your surgery? Was it severe? How soon did it happen?

I'm just curious as to what your experiences have been. Thanks!
Bettisima
on 4/8/12 11:45 am
My was worst the first 6 weeks. I think that's what I needed to be able to control some of the reactions and recognize it for what it was.

First few days home from the hospital I was tired and cranky because I couldn't get comfy and hubby was trying to be supportive but still a drink/protein Nazi. I was nasty.

Then as the weight loss really kicked off, let's say day 5, I would cycle like crazy. Read a book, cry like a mad woman. Teenager says something stupid, I turn into super biotch. Hubby dare to ask about dinner, I would bite his head off. After all I wasn't eating anything!

As I said, by week 6 I got a handle on me, maybe even before that, but I didn't go back to wor****il then. I could take a mental step back before the hormones encouraged me to rip some poor unsuspecting soul to pieces.

I still had moments where I would over react to stuff. Cry for no reason at all. But it got better.
artroxy blue
on 4/8/12 12:18 pm - MA
RNY on 08/14/12
 Thanks for sharing! I'm trying to prepare my husband for the hormonal aftermath so he doesn't think I'm PMSing for weeks. LOL
hoosierapple
on 4/8/12 1:22 pm
Revision on 06/05/18

great question... I was wondering the same thing.  :)

Most Active
Recent Topics