Numbness in thighs

JillieJill
on 4/8/12 9:59 am - NJ
 When does It end?  And when can I have a slice of pizza?
ready_to_shed_it
on 4/8/12 10:04 am

LOL Jill!

When did you have surgery? I still have numb thighs and its been almost 7 weeks for me :(

About the pizza......be creative! Can you have crackers yet? Whole wheat pita bread? I have a few recipes I can share. Let me know what stage youre on.

Lisi :)

JillieJill
on 4/8/12 10:09 am - NJ
 I had surgery this past mOnday. So I guess I have some time to go with the thigh business. I'm on whole liquids but I can't eat proton shakes so my diet consist of 64 grams of protein through cottage cheese and Greek yogurt. I'm hoping to get cleared for eggs on Tuesday. But the lack of flavor variety is starting to get to me. :)
ready_to_shed_it
on 4/8/12 10:13 am

Well congratulations on your surgery!! Just remember its not a race, you need time to heal. It all gets better, I swear!! Follow your doctors meal plan and you will be having RNY friendly versions of all your old faves soon enough!

Lisi :)

plum21
on 4/8/12 10:20 am - Miami, FL
 I was a huge (literally) fan of pizza. Ate it almost every day and lots of it. About two weeks out, I had a bite of pizza and it tasted horrible. Horrible. In the lst 20 months, I've eaten maybe 10 slices of pizza. It just doesn't taste the same and it doesn't feel good to eat it. You'll be surprised how much your tastes change. Use this time to teach yourself good habits.
Good luck.
littlewitch1973
on 4/8/12 10:25 am - NY
 I am over 6 months out, and have 2 different spots on my stomach that I cant feel. The doctor said the feeling may never come back, which is fine with me, as those areas will be removed once I have my panni and tummy tuck! 

As for the pizza - about 4 weeks out, and with a terrible stricture, I took a huge bite, chewed and chewed and chewed, and spit it out. I didnt swallow it, so it didnt hurt my pouch, but it satisfied the craving, and I didnt want it again for months. I dont really eat it anymore, although I have had a piece in the past - it made me sleep for about 3 hours. I now know what a "Carb Coma" is!! 

wendydettmer
on 4/8/12 10:28 am - Rochester, NY
i'm a huge fan of the cauliflower crust pizza. you may want to look into an alternative like that. my family makes personal pizzas using mini tortilla's

Follow my vegan transition at www.bariatricvegan.com
HW:288    CW:146.4   GW: 140    RNY: 12/22/11  

Most Active
Recent Topics