Turkey neck?!

imgettingfit
on 4/10/12 1:38 am - Millersville, MD

I'm older that a lot of you guys, but am still a bit surprised at what's going on with my neck all of a sudden.

It's looking like an old lady neck!  I've always looked a bit younger than I am, so this is freaking me out!

I heard it's from rapid weight loss, but are there exercises for the neck that actually work, or am I looking at some plastics work in my future?
Height: 5'6" SW: 234 

hporter27
on 4/10/12 1:44 am
I had that problem too during the first year when I was losing weight real fast. But I am 14 months out now and the skin seems to be bouncing back a little.  The turkey neck is not as bad as it was at first.
imgettingfit
on 4/10/12 1:46 am - Millersville, MD

Thank goodness! 

hporter27
on 4/10/12 1:53 am
Get a good moisturizer too and use it a couple of times a day.  The skin won't look as wrinkled if it is not too dry.
imgettingfit
on 4/10/12 1:55 am - Millersville, MD

Thanks...good idea

(deactivated member)
on 4/10/12 2:11 am - ND
 Do the chin n neck wraps...they tighten skin.  Wrapwithalicia.myitworks.com.  I never did neck but I do stomach n lost several inches of extra skin.  They tighten skin n help lighten stretch marks
JustpeachyKeen
on 4/10/12 10:18 am
 I do those!!  Love them!!!

BWB
on 4/10/12 2:41 am
I lucked out because I never did have a full double chin. I do a lot of neck stretches though and it looks better than friends that have aged without weight gain or loss.

stlfocus
on 4/10/12 3:20 am - IA
I am so thrilled about my weight loss, but my neck really bugs me too.  So I can see some sort of work down the road.

I have been using heavy duty moisturizers, but don't know that it is helping much.

Hopefully like one of the previous posters said, it will bounce back a little!

jazzycatz
on 4/10/12 3:27 am - Joppa, MD
I have the turkey neck thing happening.  And I had ( ) from my nose to the corners of my mouth pre-op but they weren't bad.  Not so much noticeable until I smiled.  Now those are deeper and I have another small set outside of those.  Menopausal so having hormonal issues and breakouts.  Breakouts and wrinkles??  What hell is this? 

But I have read a lot of woman say in their 2nd year the weight redistributed itself more and the face filled out a little again.  I am hoping.  Not too much.  But a little couldn't hurt. 

Most Active
Recent Topics
What?s on your Saturday menu?
Melody P. · 6 replies · 86 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 41 replies · 364 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 33 replies · 361 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 27 replies · 306 views