Hot flashes!!!! And no weight loss!!!!

Renee M.
on 4/14/12 1:38 am - OK
 Ok so I'm 4 months post op and I've lost 65lbs.  I haven't lost anything in 3 weeks.  I still do 2 protein shakes a day, 2 snacks and then dinner trying to hit 95g of protien.  I have also started a new job where I am on my feet stocking at a grocery store and for the last month my husband and I have been remodeling the house.  Since I have become more active I've noticed that about mid morning I get extremely hot!  I also do the same thing when I eat food.  Ive been to the doctor and he wants me to see a gyn.  I'm not sure what's going on but I am EXTREMELY frustrated that I'm not losing.  I am 2 pounds from being under 300 and I am so ready to be under that number even if it's by a pound.  Anybody have any advice?

Thanks 

Renee
april89love
on 4/14/12 2:04 am - NC
Your hormones are out of wack. I went through menopause with the surgery. I am 46, yours may just be off right now. It will get better and the weight will come off. Keep up the good work!!

Sandy

HW 225, SW 219, GW 140, CW 124

I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me!  

momjan
on 4/14/12 2:07 am - Canada
Could it be reactive hypoglycemia, or just hypoglycemia?  Check out the symptoms for both; you might find that changing your carbs, protein combos make a difference...
BugdocMom
on 4/14/12 4:21 am, edited 4/14/12 4:21 am - CA
You're on fire Momjan! (no pun intended...hot flashes, get it?) Great advice again! Yes, my first thought was it could be blood sugar related.I would recommend you reduce your carbs and increase your protein. If that doesn't immediately start to work, make sure your food chices are high protein/ low carb AND solid, not slider foods and eat more frequently. If this doesn't solve it, call the doc again, but I am willing to bet this helps out...good luck
Most Active
Recent Topics
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 34 replies · 252 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 24 replies · 267 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 24 replies · 314 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 18 replies · 272 views