Learning...about my tolerance for certain foods...

lesserman
on 4/15/12 8:21 am - Chicago, IL
OK. So, I now know for certain some that fill me up almost immediately, and some that I can eat more of until I realize that I am "full"...

- Turkey breast (smoked, shredded)...if I can eat close to an oz without getting that "full" feeling, that's a lot.

- Shrimp (3, normal sized)...I wasn't going to even dare to eat that fourth one.

- Saltine crackers...coupled with the turkey breast is a deadly combination...I could probably get the "full" feeling just thinking about it...similar in principle to the way I used to mix the world's finest martini...I would merely think about the vermouth...alas, one other thing I won't be enjoying for a while...

More experiementing this week...

Weight at Heaviest: 320 lbs. 
Weight at Surgery:
283.6 lbs.

Everyone is entitled to my opinion...

Oxford Comma Hag
on 4/15/12 9:07 am
Kind of funny to think that an ounce or so of food is enough now, isn't it? I am still surprised that 1/2 cup is plenty of food for me( I am seven months out).
lesserman
on 4/15/12 11:51 am - Chicago, IL
Truly...but I like it...knowing how uncomfortable I will be if I take that extra bite is enough to blunt that temptation...my wife just took a DiGiorno Supreme Pizza out of the oven...it smells so good...but I know that the end result just isn't worth it...someday I'll be able to enjoy really good Chicago style pizza again, just not now...
Weight at Surgery:
283.6 lbs.

johnsmom9983
on 4/15/12 10:44 am
I have a question. Can we have honey? I would like a teaspoon of it in my hot tea instead of splenda. Any thoughts?
lesserman
on 4/15/12 11:46 am - Chicago, IL
Excellent question...I don't know the answer...

Considering that apparently only 30% of bariatric surgery patients actually dump, the odds would seem to be in your favour....

As for me, low discomfort threshold that I have, I will NOT take that chance and instead, stick with Torani sugar-free syrups.

Weight at Surgery:
283.6 lbs.

Hvfaith
on 4/15/12 12:05 pm - St Albert, Canada
 Honey does me in, can't take it at all, tried to put some in my Greek yougurt and I had a wicked gut ache and dizzy, but that might only be a reaction for me

HW: 360 lbs; 1st Clinic Weighin: 343.7 lbs; SW: 318 lbs; LW 221lbs; Regain 256lbs  

Most Active
Recent Topics