Caffine

pattan59801
on 4/16/12 2:15 pm - Missoula, MT
RNY on 04/04/12
WHY no caffine....going nuts!!!

Scaura
on 4/16/12 3:21 pm - Fort Collins, CO
 I drink it and my nut has no problem with it.  I am not a coffee person, but I do drink an Energy Great Value (Wal-Mart brand) water flavorer once a day that has 120mg of caffeine, which is about as much as a cup of coffee.  Not sure why some surgeons don't allow it but mine does.  Now I can't drink any soda but I broke my addiction to Diet Mountain Dew several months ago.

Laura
HW: 311  SW:264 (size 24)  CW: 174 (size 14)  Surgeon's Goal: 176 My GW: 149
Weight Loss Month 1: 20 pounds!  Weight Loss Month 2: 17 pounds!
Weight Loss Month 3: 12 pounds!  Weight Loss Month 4: 10 pounds!

Weight Loss Month 5: 12 pounds!  Weight Loss Month 6: 6 pounds!

Weight Loss Month 7: 6 pounds!   Weight Loss Month 8:

25 pound to my goal!

(deactivated member)
on 4/16/12 5:35 pm - AZ
Im not supposed tohave it but this week I am working on second 215 pm until 1218 am......I NEED IT, LOL!!!!!
poet_kelly
on 4/16/12 9:20 pm - OH
 Some people choose not to drink it because it can aggrevate an ulcer, it interferes with the absorption of iron and calcium, it can cause anxiety or insomnia.  Others choose to drink it.  I feel it is OK in moderation.

View more of my photos at ObesityHelp.com          Kelly

Please note: I AM NOT A DOCTOR.  If you want medical advice, talk to your doctor.  Whatever I post, there is probably some surgeon or other health care provider somewhere that disagrees with me.  If you want to know what your surgeon thinks, then ask him or her.    Check out my blog.

PMarie
on 4/17/12 12:27 am - Bloomington, MN
 I started drinking coffee again fairly soon after surgery.  Some people find it irritating to the stomach.
Some surgical centers believe that it is a diuretic, and they want extra fluids on board.  Recent studies show that caffeine does not have a great diuretic effect, so count it as fluids!

(deactivated member)
on 4/17/12 6:50 pm - AZ

Coffee does have negatives like Kelly said but it also has positives. The caffines in the coffee helps with Migraines, ADD, ADHD. It also has antioxidents in it to help fight cancer. My son is ADHD and does not take meds for it because it was not working. He was 9 and on Depakote and then tried all of the following Ritalin, Efexor, Adderall. At adult size doses. They didnt work and made him Lethargic. And that was a Neurologist who was seeing him. He refused too take him off so I stopped taking him to him and went to a Therepist who worked with children with these disorders. She helped me take him off all meds and prescribed my son coffee, yes coffee. Not only did he come out of his Lethargic state but became less confused and fraustrated and is able to focus. He is 16 and has a cup before school every day (foldgers) and is doing 100 percent better then when he was on meds. So looking into why coffee helps with these disorders and Migraines is because caffine relaxes the blood vessals in the brain which helps people focus and be more awake. If you notice it is also in most migrain medicine.

So I know most dieticians say no caffiene, but thats probably because it is to harsh for your stomach after surgery and during maybe before as well.