Carb question

BellaSaid35
on 4/17/12 11:05 am
 When did you add them back into your diet? I have been having 1/2 of a bagel thin before my workouts and have noticed a big diff in how I can perform. It gives me a little extra "juice". I am 9 weeks out though, so I am worried I will stretch my pouch. :/  It's really the only "carb" I have now, other than berries. 

And I would totally ask my nut, but she is so hard to get ahold of!!!! 

Rny 2.14.12

Cicerogirl, The PhD
Version

on 4/17/12 11:16 am - OH
The only way you can stretch your pouch is by consistently and significantly overeating.  Eating carbs has no effect on your pouch at all!

I started adding some carbs in at about 8-10 weeks out becasue I was getting lightheaded and my surgeon told me that I needed to start eating more carbs.  She was right.  I added in just a bit of extra veggies and some whole grains and the dizziness subsided within a week.

Lora

14 years out; 190 pounds lost, 165 pound loss maintained

You don't drown by falling in the water. You drown by staying there.

exohexoh
on 4/17/12 11:46 am - West Chester, PA
 i don't remember exactly, but it was pretty early. my team wants us eating balanced diets and not just protein all the time from the start. i always have a carby breakfast, it helps get me going and subsides the carb cravings for the rest of the day. usually 1/2 to a whole bagel thin (depends on the day), or definitely only half if i'm having an egg or some meat with it.

<3 jen <3

<3 starting weight: 252 <3 goal weight: 135 <3 current weight: 151 <3

RNY: 9/27/10 <3 Extended Tummy Tuck w/hip & thigh lipo: 6/6/13

IrishIze
on 4/17/12 1:13 pm - NJ
I'm about three months out and aside from lettuce, squash, and occasionally a few grapes, I have not touched carbs.  I certainly haven't had any sort of bread or grains or cereal, oatmeal, etc.  I had my follow up appointment with my surgeon a couple of weeks ago and asked him about having something like that and he said not to if I can resist.  

I am a little afraid to start that kind of stuff since I am SUCH a carbo-holic.  I'm afraid a half of a whole wheat Deli Thin might lead to a bag of pretzels! 
Irish......  

Sara O.
on 4/18/12 7:05 am - NC
RNY on 03/12/12
I'm only 5 weeks post-op and I eat carbs. My nutritionist says I need 20-30 carbs per meal. I probably don't eat quite that much, but it gives me the energy I need. I usually get my carbs from my lean cuisine meals and similar meals.
Most Active
Recent Topics