Any site I can purchase pre-op food from?

newdreams22
on 4/18/12 2:35 pm
RNY on 04/27/12 with
thanks you for any suggestions.. I'M  just trying to prepare myself.. surgery date is on 4/27

Cherokeesage
on 4/18/12 2:45 pm
RNY on 02/24/12
Have you checked your grocery and drug stores for protein drinks?  I would suggest not to stock up heavily on ones you like thinking you'll use them post op.  My favorite was Chike and I can't stand it post op.  Look for ones that are high protein / low carb.  There are several sites online.  Type bariatric foods in your URL and it should pull up several.  I stocked up on several brands pre op and found I hate all of them so my husband has been drinking a lot of protein drinks.  Today I bought unflavored protein at GNC and will make my own protein shakes.
Purplevirgo
on 4/18/12 3:16 pm - NM
RNY on 05/08/12
 yes....my docs office suggested www.bariatricadvantage.com  , thats where ive ordered mine from. 
Nixie76
on 4/18/12 11:16 pm
RNY on 04/10/12
I agree with purplevirgo- Bariatric Advantage is the cadillac of bariatric suplements. They also taste really good. I love the orange creme as a once-in-awhile flavor and i regularly drink the chocolate flavor and the iced latte is so good because im a coffee snob and must have my java flavor! Lol. Also there is a premade shake sold at walmart (Im sure its sold elsewhere as well!) called Pure Protein. Its packed with protein and no added suger, very low in fat and the most reassuring part is that my surgeon was the one *****commended it! What i do is i use the Bariatric Advantage mix at home or work but if im going to be out for a long day i bring the pre-made Pure Protein bottles. Hope that helps!
-"Make the decision, then do something - no matter how small - toward accomplishing what you want"-
-"What would you attempt, if you knew you could not fail?"-

Sarah R.
on 4/19/12 12:56 am
Protein shake wise, you could check out vitalady and order samples of several different brands. I personally like Syntrax Nectar brand and they also carry a unflavored protein as well.

If you literally mean food I would ask your nutritionist for a sample menu or suggestions on what to have. Mine gave me many sample menus for preop and postop. At the very least it gave me a very good idea on amounts and what I should be looking for at the market.

newdreams22
on 4/19/12 3:00 pm
RNY on 04/27/12 with
Thank you very helpful info
Most Active
Recent Topics