Completely Down in the Dumps...

Hzleydgal
on 4/19/12 2:46 am
I know I've seen lots of people express the same feelings as I'm having and I KNOW I shouldn't compare to anyone else on here as we are all individuals and progress differently, but I truly feel like I must be doing something wrong.

I had revision surgery on 3/27 from a Band to RNY.   I've lost 17 pounds from the date of surgery, but most of that happened in the first 2 weeks.  I stalled at 210 for over a week and am now in another stall at the 207. 

I am having a REALLY hard time getting in enough protein and water during the day.  I get full so fast that I just can't stomach putting anything in.  I know I'm not getting enough nutrients or calories and I'm working to fix that, but it's slow. 

I haven't started working out yet, because I barely feel like I get enough fuel in me every day in just doing my normal activities.

I guess I'm just feeling down today and need to express.   Thank you for listening.
cajungirl
on 4/19/12 2:49 am
Very normal to stall at week 3, many of us have.  Keep working your plan, and remember you are going through the emotional post-op surgery blues (which also will get better).

Seventeen lbs in 2 weeks is nothing to be down about, take a deep breath.

Proximal RNY Lap - 02/21/05

9 years committed ~  100% EWL and Maintaining

www.dazzlinglashesandbeyond.com

nfarris79
on 4/19/12 2:50 am - Germantown, MD
 Hope things start easing up on you soon! Treat yourself very gently & be kind to yourself! 

First ultra: Stone Mill 50 miler 11/15/14 13:44:38, First Full Marathon: Marine Corps 10/27/13 4:57:11Half Marathon PR 2:04:43 at Shamrock VA Beach Half-Marathon, 12/2/12 First Half-Marathon 2:32:47, 5K PR  Run Under the Lights 5K 27:23 on 11/23/13, 10K PR 52:53 Pike's Peek 10K 4/21/13(1st timed run) Accumen 8K 51:09 10/14/12.

Cleopatra_Nik
on 4/19/12 2:51 am - Baltimore, MD
 One step at a time. To me ti sounds like you are trying hard. Keep trying. Each day gets better. 

RNY Gastric Bypass 1-8-08 350/327/200 (HW/SW/CW). I spend most of my time playing with my food over at Bariatric Foodie - check me out!

kmouton
on 4/19/12 4:43 am
I can soooo identify with where you are.  I think I've reached the "oh, Lord what have I done to myself?" stage where I'm feeling like I made a mistake.  I had a revision from Band to RNY on 3/15 and am having problems with my energy level.  I too want to work out, but just can hardly make it through the day.  I don't like the way I feel after I eat and have problems getting in protein and liquids too.  I know this is just a stage, but I'm discouraged.  We just need to hear sometime that this is normal and that "this too shall pass."
happy_baker
on 4/19/12 4:51 am, edited 4/19/12 4:52 am
RNY on 02/15/12
207 must be one lucky number, because I've been bouncing between 206.5 and 207 for over a week now. Can't seem to get it to budge downward.

I also "stalled" at the same time you are. Lost absolutely nothing for over 9 days. It's not really a stall though, it's just a temporary adjustment while your body tries to catch up.

Imagine this for a moment. Imagine you'd never had surgery. Instead of being a post-op, comfy in your house, you were an obese person wandering lost in the woods. And through your berry-scavenging and squirrel-hunting, you were eating about the same nutrients and calories as you are today. You'd be starving, right? Literally. Your body is protecting itself. Your metabolism doesn't have eyes and doesn't know that there is plenty of food around and you just can't eat it. Your metabolism thinks you're lost in the woods and starving to death. So it's holding on to everything its go****er, calories, fat. It's trying to keep you alive and functioning.

Take a moment today to thank your body for being so kind and trying to protect you. And then tell it to stop being silly, you're just fine. And then keep doing what you're doing. Your body will release that hold soon enough and the scale will move again. I promise. I know it's super frustrating, but it will happen. Keep your head up. :) You're in this for life, so might as well enjoy the ride.
_._._._._. _._._._._. _._._._._. _._._._._. _._._._._. _._._._._. _._._._._. _._._._._. 
Check out my video blog!  www.youtube.com/user/HappilyShrinking/videos
Highest weight: 269.  Surgery weight: 233.  Goal weight: 144, and then we'll see.. 
Calliou
on 4/19/12 5:13 am
RNY on 03/27/12
I had surgery the same day you did. And I also hit a stall. I bounced from 234 to 237 for over 10 days.
I am also having some trouble getting my protein in... but I manage.  Im using the Myoplex protein shakes... dear heavens... Im actually tired of chocolate and other sweet stuff! LOL!  (Dont freak... 42 g of protein and

Hzleydgal
on 4/19/12 6:55 am
Thanks everyone for being so kind and encouraging!! I know it will pass, but boy is it hard to wait through!!! If those of you that are struggling with the same things would like to buddy up and keep in contact, that would be great! It's always nice to know you aren't alone!
Most Active
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 65 replies · 340 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 61 replies · 408 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 52 replies · 514 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 31 replies · 308 views
Recent Topics
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 65 replies · 340 views