gallbladder?

cuddles010982
on 4/27/12 1:28 pm - Mt
What are the symptoms of gall bladder problems?

~Heidi
The quest for excellence is a life long process
Scaura
on 4/27/12 1:40 pm - Fort Collins, CO
I had mine out 2 years ago, so pre-surgery.  For me, it was an attack that didn't end until it was removed.  It started mildly and kept building until I had to go to the ER.  I felt bloated at first, then it got worse, like I was being filled from the inside with gas and I was going to explode.  What an awful experience that was.  Are you having issues?

Laura
HW: 311  SW:264 (size 24)  CW: 174 (size 14)  Surgeon's Goal: 176 My GW: 149
Weight Loss Month 1: 20 pounds!  Weight Loss Month 2: 17 pounds!
Weight Loss Month 3: 12 pounds!  Weight Loss Month 4: 10 pounds!

Weight Loss Month 5: 12 pounds!  Weight Loss Month 6: 6 pounds!

Weight Loss Month 7: 6 pounds!   Weight Loss Month 8:

25 pound to my goal!

littleskie
on 4/27/12 1:57 pm - freeport, TX
RNY on 08/19/09 with
I had pain in the top right section of my abdomen. It started in my middle and spread to my back. It came in waves. I was misdiagnosed twice and sent home. The third time I had a fever so high I was delirious and throwing up bile. They finally got me diagnosed and took it out the next day.

Met my first goal, met my second goal, met my surgeons goal. Now I have a new goal!

gishstar
on 4/27/12 7:09 pm
Whenever I'm confused about something, I research the snot out of it.
Before I had my gall bladder taken out, I miraculously found this website.

http://www.gallbladderattack.com/

I didn't know I was having issues with my gall bladder. I went in to my OB because I thought the pain I was experiencing was an ovarian cyst. Then I off hand mentioned that I ocassionally get this pressure of gas on my upper abdomen, I said it was probably no big deal. The doctor said that it was probably my gall bladder, and I ended up getting an sonogram the next day, which didn't show any stones, but they scheduled surgery anyways.

While I was waiting for surgery, suddenly I would get gall bladder attacks ALL THE TIME. I found this website, and followed the recommended foods on the list, and I felt better. I continued to eat the foods on that list after my gall bladder was taken out, and it helped so much.

Every day I had frozen breaded fish filets, with a little ketchup, and a cucumber. I also ate a lot of soy chicken patties (which aren't that bad!). Eating a mostly vegetarian diet (except for the fish) helped TONS.

Anyways, read the site. Good luck. It's entirely possible you may need your gall bladder taken out because i fyou lose weight too fast it makes the gall bladder cranky and it's working faster than it's used to. I had some dental issues which caused me to be on a liquid only diet, I lost weight too fast, and then I got a diseased gall bladder. In retrospect, I think I should have had my dentist cover that bill since it was his fault anyways. Oh well. Surgery has been paid off, and I'm back to normal.

I hope I was able to help.
evan_326
on 4/27/12 10:55 pm - Rock Island, IL
I was in the ER almost 2 months ago and they found and ovarian cyst. I went to get a follow up ultrasound for my doc and that is when they found that my gallbladder was bad. I didn't even know! 

But, I do hear how people have attacks. I guess had mine gone untreated, it would have eventually turned into an attack.

They also found a 7 inch tumor while they were doing the CT scan in the ER and I had that removed as well. The dr and surgeon said that it was from my weight loss.

Good luck! I don't think I was much help. Just saying that I had no issues and did not know my gallbladder was even bad.
rbb825
on 4/28/12 11:26 am - Suffern, NY
may I ask you what type of tumor could possibly have had - a 7 inch one no less that could be caused by weight loss?  I have heard of gallbladder problems from rapid weight loss but not tumors?

46_11tobeme
on 4/27/12 11:16 pm - NJ
 I just had my gallbladder out about 2 weeks ago (am 6 months post VSG surgery). I did not have the classic "take me to the ER pain".  I started getting an annoying pain on my right side right under my rib cage. I would come and go, and was slowly starting to hurt more and more often. Sometimes it would seem to hurt more with fatty foods, but not always. Had an US that showed sludge. Between the sludge and the pain they said it was best to take it out. I still have some pain on my right side but hear that is normal. My fear was waiting too long and having a bad attack (which I never really had) and then having to have emergency surgery that might not be able to be done laparoscopically. Get it checked - it is so common after WLS. I was also on Ursodiol and have been losing very slow (55 lbs in 6 months) so I didnt think i was at risk. Good luck.

rbb825
on 4/28/12 11:32 am - Suffern, NY
I have never heard of them taking a gallbladder out for sludge.  I actually had sludge for about 4 years and then when I lost alot of weight on my own long before my RNY, my first sonogram showed 1 stone, they said to wait, then 3 months later when the pain was getting worse but the nausau was unbearable, so I went for another sonogram and I had 9 stones.  So at that point, I went to the surgeon and scheduled surgery, had all my preop testing, saw my primary for clearance - by time I had surgery - 3 weeks after last sonogram - I now had 25 stones - it was crazy - that is how fast they can grow when you lose weight really fast.  I am sure the uridisol definitely helped you.

You say you still have the pain, I do hope you dont have something else wrong other than the gallbladder.  I wish you the best

46_11tobeme
on 4/27/12 11:18 pm - NJ
 Just read your other post and forgot to mention that I was also experiencing nausea. No diarrhea but that is a very common symptom of gallbladder problems. This early out it could just be normal but I would get it checked - doesnt hurt!

46_11tobeme
on 4/28/12 11:37 am - NJ
 It is very common to take the gallbladder out b/c of sludge if you are having symptoms. Sludge is usually a precursor to stones, as it appeared to be in your case. The pain is getting better, but I have read that it is common and can linger for a while after GB removal. I did not want to have emergency surgery and risk a 6 in incision instead of laparoscopic surgery. 

Most Active
Recent Topics