Nerves and Questions

Nichole9937
on 4/28/12 11:56 pm - ME
RNY on 05/07/12
My pre-op appointment is tomorrow and my surgery is scheduled for the following Monday May 7th. I am getting really nervous. Any advice would be greatly appreciated!

Also, what should I do about transition clothing?  Did you buy new or used or did you wait????
Country_Girl_Annie
on 4/29/12 4:39 am
RNY on 01/30/12
I wasn't nervous at all, so I don't have any specific advice on how to deal with it. If it helps, know that every RNY post-op I've ever talked to  has said their only regret is that they didn't do it much sooner! They don't all say that right away -- the first few weeks can be rough for some, but once you get over the initial hump, it's such a great feeling to finally be in control of your eating and your weight.

I had my surgery in January and waited a long as I could to buy smaller clothes. I'm a university administrator so I need to dress very professionally for work. I wore belts when my pants got too loose in the waist. As the weather got warmer I started buying new clothes. I chose things that fit well and weren't even slightly too big so that I can wear them as long as possible. I shopped sales and bought only a few versatile things. I almost into a size 18 now but the 20s I bought will still look OK for a while, I think. My pace for losing has been moderate, about 20 lbs the first month and 10 each the second and third months.

Congratulationd on reaching this point in your journey and I hope your surgery and recovery are smooth and easy!
HW 270  /  SW 256  / CW 212

Nichole9937
on 4/29/12 6:07 am - ME
RNY on 05/07/12
Thank you for your words of wisdom! :)
effyx1
on 4/29/12 6:54 am - Saginaw, MI
I have bought all my "new" clothes from Salvation Army and Goodwill. I got a variety of pants (1 black, 1 gray, 1 khaki, 1 brown, 1 jeans) in every size 24-16 when I first had surgery. I got shirts in a variety of sizes too, but it takes a lot longer to go down a shirt size. Below 16, I just go out and get what I need as far as pants. I can now wear 10-14 depending on the brand.

Thinking back, I have probably spent less than $500 on three entire wardrobes. It's a lot, but just a tiny fraction of what new clothes cost.

HW:306; Pre-op:288; SW:274; CW:131; GW:138

Most Active
Recent Topics
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 34 replies · 256 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 24 replies · 270 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 24 replies · 314 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 18 replies · 272 views