NSV...kinda gross, but...

lesserman
on 5/1/12 12:41 pm - Chicago, IL
OK.

First things first...tomorrow marks the beginning of Week #4 post-op...I have my 1-month follow up w/ a NP next TUE...

I'm noticing that the skin where the incisions were is just flaking off seemingly by itself or if I just happen to lightly touch it...leaving brand new but not exactly delicate skin in its place...what's more is that despite its pinkish color, there's hardly a noticeable scar...I'm not trying to sound disappointed, but I was kinda hoping that there would some mean-looking scars that might serve as some validation that I'm tougher-looking than Ron Howard...I'm guessing that this speaks more highly of the skillfulness of my surgeon than anything else...maybe ultra-sharp utensils or maybe they used a laser...

My recovery has been so issue-free I can hardly believe it...the only difficulties that I've had are the ones I brought on myself...(a couple episodes of eating too much or too quickly)...nothing that would indicate any issues inherent in the surgery...

Tomorrow, I'm having a pair of my tailored trousers taken in...I can now fit my fist (the long way) in between my belly (which is still ample, by the way) and the waistband with room to spare...

When I last weighed in on Sunday morning, I tipped the scales at 267.0...just a little more than 16.5 lbs. lost...I'm also hoping now that my weight loss is more steady than massive....

I'm keeping my 52" waist jeans for posterity...

Weight at Heaviest: 320 lbs. 
Weight at Surgery:
283.6 lbs.

Everyone is entitled to my opinion...

Blu-Diva
on 5/2/12 1:03 pm - Hamilton, Canada
Congratulations, Those are great accomplishments. 

Surgery date May 7 / 2012
Highest 312 lbs - Pre Op 297lbs - now 199 lbs
I know now that my location was never my destination.

Blu-Diva      

lesserman
on 5/2/12 11:44 pm - Chicago, IL
 Thanks, Blu-Diva!
Weight at Heaviest: 320 lbs. 
Weight at Surgery:
283.6 lbs.

Everyone is entitled to my opinion...

Most Active
Recent Topics