belly hurts after drinking at 5days out..

newdreams22
on 5/1/12 12:57 pm
RNY on 04/27/12 with
i'm so frustreated because i know i'm not getting enough fluids in.. is so hard ! I feel the drinks go down and then pain thru my skin is hard to describe.. could i be drinking to fast?? any advise  would be helpful please...
maybee the gas ? i dont know ..my appt with dr is thursday can't wait. i feel horrible
Thanks so much i don't mean to be a pain..sorry
Lady Lithia
on 5/1/12 1:01 pm
If it hurts very badly call the on-call surgeon....they are the only ones who can help

I drank out of dixie cups to begin with. 3 oz of liquid. I would look at the clock and try to sip a tiny bit every minute or two until I finished 3 oz in 15 minutes. I didn't have trouble with liquids but some do!

~Lady Lithia~ 200 lbs lost! 
March 9, 2011 - Coccygectomy!
I chased my dreams, and my dreams, they caught me!
giraffesmiley.gif picture by hardyharhar_bucket

newdreams22
on 5/1/12 1:12 pm
RNY on 04/27/12 with
i'm also constipated 7days now.. thanks lady
snoopy123
on 5/1/12 1:14 pm
 part of the game.lol
 SW:244CURRENT WEIGHT 183    
soozieq
on 5/1/12 1:05 pm
I'm 2 weeks out and since I've had my surgery I sip all day long.  I take a cup with me to bed and if I wake up in the night to use the bathroom, I sip some more.  I sip when I first wake up.  I take a cup with me in the car and sip while I drive.  I make sure I have a water bottle with me and sip wherever I am.  You will literally be drinking every minute of the day.  And make sure you're taking very small sips.. like barely wetting your whistle.
Suzanne    RNY:  4/17/12  -   HW:  267  -   SW: - 256  -   GW:  150           
snoopy123
on 5/1/12 1:10 pm
I will say it took me a good 6 weeks to get up to speed with my liquids.  i just sipped when I was ready.  Just as long as you keep sipping you will be OK.  As long as you don't dehydrated, you will be fine.  It could also be gasssssssssss.  I still have it.  If you feel that bad call the Dr.  That's what he/she is there for.  Hang in there.  It will get better i promise
 SW:244CURRENT WEIGHT 183    
soozieq
on 5/1/12 1:21 pm
Add some unflavored Miralax to your Crystal Light (or whatever beverage you're drinking).  It helped a lot with my constipation issues..
Suzanne    RNY:  4/17/12  -   HW:  267  -   SW: - 256  -   GW:  150           
LJ1972
on 5/1/12 1:52 pm - FL
I had trouble drinking plain water of any temperature for a while. I drank water with Mio, powerade zero, skim milk and broth.
Michelle V.
on 5/1/12 9:18 pm - Livonia, MI
See if the problem is related to the temperature of the fluids you are drinking. I couldn't drink cold water for almost 4 months after surgery. It was too painful on my stomach.

Most Active
Recent Topics