well that was fun...

cuddles010982
on 5/4/12 12:11 pm - Mt
I had my third dialation in three weeks today for strictures. The last two went completely fine. I don't remember them and felt great afterwards. however, today I woke up in the middle of it and freaked out. Basically had a panic attack. The weird thing is they gave me three times as much meds and they did the last two times. It was NOT fun at all.  And i have to go back next week for another dilation...UGGGG. The whole ordeal sucked!

sorry for the rant, just had to share my bad day.

~Heidi

~Heidi
The quest for excellence is a life long process
poet_kelly
on 5/4/12 12:14 pm - OH
I've always told them they have to make sure I am completely out or I will have a panic attack.

Why did they give you three times as much medication?  Is it possible that somehow excessive medication caused the problem this time?

I hope it goes better next time.  I would talk to the doc before hand to see what he  plans to do differently to prevent it from happening again.

View more of my photos at ObesityHelp.com          Kelly

Please note: I AM NOT A DOCTOR.  If you want medical advice, talk to your doctor.  Whatever I post, there is probably some surgeon or other health care provider somewhere that disagrees with me.  If you want to know what your surgeon thinks, then ask him or her.    Check out my blog.

bridie_53
on 5/4/12 12:31 pm - IL
RNY on 05/16/12
 Probably the reason for increasing amounts of meds is that you have had frequent dilations in short periods of time and tolerance to the drugs can occur and then you would need more to achieve the same affect.

Most Active
Recent Topics