Scared...do I need to be worried by these symptoms?

cuddles010982
on 5/4/12 2:18 pm - Mt
Over the past three weeks I have had three stricture dialations, the last one being today. The first two went great...didn't remember anything and felt sooo much better when it was over. Before the dialations I wasn't able to even keep fluids down, after I could eat just fine.

Todays dialation did not go so well. I had a different doc because my usual was not in today. He gave me the same meds i have had the last two times. They didn't seem to take so he gave me more.  I then woke up during the procedure and and had a panic attack. They gave me more meds and help me down so they could finish the procedure.

I now feel horrible. I threw up my dinner. I can't drink anything because I am soo sick to my stomach, and i have pain in and near my pouch. I am sooo tired and my face is super red..but no fever. I have never felt like this after a dialation before. I am worried that something could have went wrong.

Are these symptoms something I should be worried about?

~Heidi

~Heidi
The quest for excellence is a life long process
april89love
on 5/4/12 2:33 pm - NC
You probably have more irritation than usual especially since you woke up and were struggling during the procedure. I would go easy on your pouch for a couple of days.

Sandy

HW 225, SW 219, GW 140, CW 124

I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me!  

Cicerogirl, The PhD
Version

on 5/4/12 2:35 pm - OH
 My guess is that you are nauseous because you had more medication than the first two times, and the pain could be from a number of things.... Perhaps this doctor dilated it more than the other one, or perhaps when you woke up and panicked, there was some minor damage (e.g. scratching of the tissue but the instrument) before they could get you calmed down, etc.  I have no idea about the red face, though. I would see how you feel in the morning, and if you are still having pain or nausea, call your surgeon.  If things get worse tonight, though, you should either call the surgeon or go to the ER.

Lora

14 years out; 190 pounds lost, 165 pound loss maintained

You don't drown by falling in the water. You drown by staying there.

rbb825
on 5/4/12 3:30 pm - Suffern, NY
This really worries - first that you woke up in the middle and then they had to keep giving you more medication - obviously something went wrong and they may not want to tell you everything.  It is late and you probably went to bed by  now but if when you get up in the morning and you still dont feel right, I would call the surgeon and go to the ER>  The red face worries me that you might be having a reaction from all the medication - if you are still awake and still not right - cant keep anything down and have the terribly red face, I would call tonight and go to the ER tonight.  It is better safe than sorry.

I wish you the best and hope all goes well.  let me know what happens

Most Active
Recent Topics