9days out back pain

newdreams22
on 5/6/12 11:07 am
RNY on 04/27/12 with
besides trying to get my liquids in, i been having a lot of back pain..any idea why? i did go back to the ER on friday for dehydration :( told the dr  i was having back pain but she didn't tell me anything, urine was okay.. was given IV fluids and pain meds.. now i'm just having a tough time laying down,sitting up, or walking is really bad.on the left side more than the right..

cuddles010982
on 5/6/12 11:17 am - Mt
i had back pain on my left side for as long as i had my drain in. do you still have a drain? If so that might be it. My back pain felt like a pulled muscle. i used a heating pad which helped a lot. Hope you feel better  soon.

~Heidi
The quest for excellence is a life long process
newdreams22
on 5/6/12 11:40 am
RNY on 04/27/12 with
yes it feels like a pulled muscle.. i will try the heating pad and more walking i hope it helps.
thanks so much
lorastevens
on 5/6/12 11:22 am - Byron, IL
RNY on 04/04/12
Try some major walking. No matter how tired you are the walking will help.

baxter1972
on 5/7/12 1:20 am - NY
RNY on 04/17/12
I had a real hard time getting comfortable.  That left side pain is tough to get through, but I promise you - you will wake up an one day it will just be gone.   I played musical chairs at my house - I kept looking for a place to get comfy.   What I eventually did was place a pillow under my butt and behind my back to make me sit up a little more than being fully reclined.   Really helped my bac****il I could push out all the gas.    Walk, walk, walk... it's really the best thing to help.

HW: 271.8  SW: 245.6   GW: 140    
wrb0823
on 5/7/12 12:48 pm - IL
My back was hurting from when I woke up from surgery and like 4 weeks out! And it would hurt in different places too, sometimes lower, sometimes upper back. I got a massage at about 2 weeks out, used a heating pad, and after I was cleared, I took hot baths.  I really think its from all the resting and lying around. Our bodies are not meant to be horizontal all day and night!
Most Active
Recent Topics