Having a very hard time

newstartforme
on 5/7/12 3:36 am - TX
I am having a very hard time learning to eat small bites and slow down. All my life I have inhaled my food (like somebody was gonna take it away) and now that I have had RNY I cannot seem to remember o slow down and take small bites. This mainly happens when I am at work. I don;t know if I just get scared that I am not going to have enough time to eat  even though I get an hour or what my problem is. Cause we know what happens when we go to fast... major pain! And i know this is going to happen but can't seem to stop and think. So I spend the majority of my lunch hour waiting for the few bites I do manage to get down to go down. Any ideas or help as to how to remember to slow down so that I can enjoy my lunch????
Shari    
april89love
on 5/7/12 3:53 am - NC
Try putting your fork down between bites. I know it is hard, I was the same way.

Sandy

HW 225, SW 219, GW 140, CW 124

I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me!  

Rick White
on 5/7/12 3:58 am
RNY on 03/26/12
Ditto.... I have to literally set my fork down after putting food in my mouth.

taylorwayzz
on 5/7/12 3:59 am - MI
Are you putting your fork down in between meals? Try chewing each bite like 30 times and really enjoy your food. Sometimes I eat mine too fast also, but I dont like pain so I just really try to focus on taking my time. Good luck!!!!
 Lynnette                 
mskris8199
on 5/7/12 4:02 am
RNY on 03/06/12
I hope she puts her fork down between meals.  Bahahahaha.    I know you meant bites, but I just got this total mental image of someone carrying a fork everywher all the time.  LOL. Made me giggle!
HW: 292 lbs.  GW:160 lbs.  Dream Weight: 140 lbs.

Suite1
on 5/7/12 5:05 am - Dayton, OH
Oh that made me laugh out loud!   Great visual! 
HW:  280  SW:  262.5  CW:  150
  GOAL!!!!   One week shy of my surgiversary!

LBL, TT, BA on 3/2/12 - Dr William Rigano  

exohexoh
on 5/7/12 1:13 pm - West Chester, PA
 maybe she uses it as a weapon :-)

<3 jen <3

<3 starting weight: 252 <3 goal weight: 135 <3 current weight: 151 <3

RNY: 9/27/10 <3 Extended Tummy Tuck w/hip & thigh lipo: 6/6/13

cuddles010982
on 5/7/12 4:03 am - Mt
 A nurse told me to read a book while I eat. Take a bite then read a page before taking another bite.

~Heidi
The quest for excellence is a life long process
JUSTJUNQUIES
on 5/7/12 4:04 am - Citrus Heights, CA
RNY on 04/04/12
use small plate and shrimp fork or iced tea spoon, read a page in a magazine between bites.
I definitely feel at an advantage with having the band before RNY , I have had 7 years of practice :)
I think you will automatically slow down and take smaller bites when you get tired of being embarrassed in front of others or in pain or throwing up and throwing up IS NOT GOOD FOR YOU!!!!!

Donna Q. --5'8" -60 years old
Band 2005
hw320 sw276 lw with band 195 gw 160-180? 
Bypass 4/4/2012
pre sw 258 lw RNY 162 cw 203

Dagne Tripplehorn
on 5/7/12 4:10 am - OR
RNY on 04/06/12
 Do you eat with others in a staff room or cafeteria? If so, can you find a calm, distraction-free spot where you can be alone and quiet? That will let you focus on your wonderful food and the pleasure you feel with each bite.

If you can't get away, maybe earbuds with calming music would help. Face the wall.

If you have to eat with others--well, if it were me, I'd have to tune everybody out each time I took a bite, but I tend to be nervous with other people--and since I use food to soothe myself, I just eat faster and faster and faster. 

Count the number of times you chew; put the fork down btwn bites; take one or two deep breaths between bites; relax, practice being mindful or pray.

Most Active
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 34 replies · 334 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 24 replies · 372 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 24 replies · 334 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 22 replies · 236 views
What?s on your Saturday menu?
Melody P. · 7 replies · 102 views
Recent Topics