Real Housewives of NJ

Gail S.
on 5/7/12 10:53 am - New York, NY
I know this show was on Sunday, but I'm just catching up with my DVR.

Was anyone else bothered by how Caroline spoke about her daughter, Lauren, needing to lose weight? I get it, she'll be healthier and maybe happier if she were smaller, but no one wants it harped on - especially by their mother....oh yeah, and on national tv!

MichelleNC
on 5/7/12 10:57 am
 Me and my hubby watched and I freaked out when she was talking about it. When she said she fit in a size 8 I about hit the tv with the remote! Caroline better wake up this crazy fad diet sheis on is horrible.....letting her kids talk about her and her boyfriends kids in the future was sad too! Shame on them and she isn't skinny herself remember the first season????? Ugh

Michelle
Did the happy dance onto the Loser's Bench March 18, 2013!

Visit my blog at http://skinnyundermyfat.blogspot.com/

Gail S.
on 5/7/12 11:00 am - New York, NY
Yeah, I agree...the size 8 seemed wacky. Oh, and that diet - ridiculous!

She's a beautiful girl and she should be loved and accepted for who she is while supporting who she may want to become. ugh is right!

iisme
on 5/7/12 11:17 am
I am so guilty of talking to my oldest son in this manner. Just as my Mom talked to me in this manner. My mom was normal weight....always. I was morbidly obese by the time I was 24. Sadly my son is following my footsteps.  I see the errors in my ways now. Too late to turn back the hands.
I cringe when I hear people talk to their kids like this.

10 pounds loss pre-op
exohexoh
on 5/7/12 11:21 am - West Chester, PA
 i do not like caroline and her holier than thou attitude. last week it bothered me even more when she was talking to the doctor. oh and there is no way that lauren is a size eight... maybe she said eightteen and they cut it out 

<3 jen <3

<3 starting weight: 252 <3 goal weight: 135 <3 current weight: 151 <3

RNY: 9/27/10 <3 Extended Tummy Tuck w/hip & thigh lipo: 6/6/13

Relic_Goddess
on 5/7/12 11:35 am, edited 5/7/12 11:35 am - Macon, GA
RNY on 03/13/12
 Now now, remember. It doesn't matter what's really going on in their lives. If there's no drama, there's no show. And since Caroline is the most boring of the group they had to find something for her to nitpick about.

Case in point: Caroline goes to the doctor for migranes. He tells her it's a part of aging, she asks if she's actually dying.
Kay L.
on 5/7/12 11:15 pm - N., AL
LOL! True!
mirlyn2012
on 5/7/12 11:54 pm - FL
RNY on 02/20/12
On May 7, 2012 at 6:21 PM Pacific Time, exohexoh wrote:
 i do not like caroline and her holier than thou attitude. last week it bothered me even more when she was talking to the doctor. oh and there is no way that lauren is a size eight... maybe she said eightteen and they cut it out 
 I was thinking the same thing. No way she's an 8. 

As for the way her fam talked about her weight... My dad is the same way. When i told him about my divorce, first thing out of his mouth..."man, this had to have happened because of your weight." through the months following he blamed my husbands immaturity etc but the first culprit in his eyes was my weight. 

Problem is, it was probably the truth. Truth hurts.
      .oOo.oOo.oOo.oOo.Miranda.oOo.oOo.oOo.oOo.      
Kay L.
on 5/7/12 11:17 pm - N., AL
Yes, I am guilty of watching this mess. I felt bad for Lauren, but it also made me uncomfortable because I want my own daughter to do better abou****ching her weight. She had WLS in 2009 and has gained a lot of it back. I worry about it all the time...

What really bothered me was how Caroline did all the talking while they were at the doctor.
Gail S.
on 5/8/12 8:21 am - New York, NY
I guess it also cut to the core with me. I grew up the fat kid in the family too. I was first sent to Weigh****chers when I was in 5th grade. My weight was always an issue in my house. I was rewarded aka: bribed  for weight loss (jewelry, designer handbags, trips) and my dad always said, "When you lose weight I'll have to fight the boys off with a stick" I feel for you parents trying to be supportive of your kids, but I wish looking back I was encouraged to participate in more activities and talked to about why I felt the need to overeat all the time instead of being put on a diet.