Can you drink to much H2O

karincarter2
on 5/8/12 4:05 am - Altoona, FL
RNY on 06/27/12
Hi all
Please help me out,I drink about a 6 pack of the 20 oz or 16.9 oz bottles a day,but not with meals and an hour after meals other then that can you really drink to much water?

Thanks
Karin
jazzycatz
on 5/8/12 4:11 am - Joppa, MD
Yes.  A person can drink too much water and it can be fatal.  It is not overly common.  Google water intoxication.  You can find a list of symptoms. 

wendydettmer
on 5/8/12 4:14 am - Rochester, NY
yes, but not with the amount you are getting.

Follow my vegan transition at www.bariatricvegan.com
HW:288    CW:146.4   GW: 140    RNY: 12/22/11  

poet_kelly
on 5/8/12 4:18 am - OH
Technically you can, but it would be a LOT more than that.  There was a woman that died after drinking four gallons of water in less than one hour during some kind of contest to see who could drink the most.  So I would limit your fluid intake to no more than one or two gallons per hour.

View more of my photos at ObesityHelp.com          Kelly

Please note: I AM NOT A DOCTOR.  If you want medical advice, talk to your doctor.  Whatever I post, there is probably some surgeon or other health care provider somewhere that disagrees with me.  If you want to know what your surgeon thinks, then ask him or her.    Check out my blog.

(deactivated member)
on 5/8/12 4:26 am
RNY on 04/18/12
I'm just wondering how often you have to pee every day!  

There's nothing I hate more than waking up from a sound sleep because I have to pee.  (Well, okay, there are things I hate more...)
aalongwell
on 5/8/12 5:28 am - Duncan Falls, OH
I am 3 yrs out from RNY. I have found that if I drink more than 6 bottles(16.9oz) per day plus my shakes/protien drinks I am in the bathroom allllll day and miserable.
But for me 6 is just right, unless I am very active/hot/sweaty....
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wlEsJqP/]
[img]http://tickers.TickerFactory.com/ezt/t/wlEsJqP/weight.png[/img]
[/url]

Most Active
Recent Topics
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 34 replies · 261 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 24 replies · 274 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 24 replies · 318 views
What's on your Monday Menu?