WOW...the "real foods" phase of my diet is fascintating...

lesserman
on 5/13/12 4:02 am - Chicago, IL
...at least to me, anyway.

Here's what I've learned thus far (others may find this info useful at some point):

Bumblebee Albacore Tuna (packed in water), shrimp (thawed in cold water for approx 10 minutes) fill me up after about three small bites...

Bob Evans pork sausage (properly and thoroughly drained) fills me up after 1 patty...

Boca Burgers (Vegan variety) are out (at least for now as per an earlier post)...

I was entertaining the notion that perhaps I had stretched my pouch and/or stoma on the soft, mushy foods as many were going down so easily and I wasn't always feeling full after I had consumed the carefully measured portions (though I stopped eating anyway - forming a new, healthy habit)...incorporating more of these "real" foods into my diet are dispelling that concern...

Please understand...I am not complaining...I can't describe how cool it is to be full on such a small amount of food...it allows me to free myself of the lifestyle in which almost everything revolves around food or over-eating...

Very liberating!

Weight at Heaviest: 320 lbs. 
Weight at Surgery:
283.6 lbs.

Everyone is entitled to my opinion...

Selenan101
on 5/13/12 6:07 am
RNY on 06/06/12
That's awesome!!    How great to get full on so little.   I can't wait:).   Great job sticking with portions and enjoy your new finds:)
 Selenan 

TamaraL
on 5/13/12 7:18 am
i did chicken salad in the blender.  i bought at local grocery store and and added a little milk to chicken salad and blended in my food processer.  I loved my chicken salad, now i cant stand.

be careful if you do eggs, a lot of people cant eat at first. i always added a little milk  to mine when i scrambled and then put cheese on them.

It is great in the beginning to have such a small pouch.  It will stretch out.  just always watch the portions the dr and nutritionist recommend

Tamara

Most Active
Recent Topics