Every 15 minutes???!!!

SkinnyDipper
on 5/15/12 11:00 pm - Canada
 I need some advice... The dietician just came in to reinforce the 1 oz every 15 minute rule. But I just don't understand how I can possibly do that all day long. I feel like I need a nap during the day since having surgery which apparently isn't really an option and how can I possibly drink a little of water besides I feel like by the time I finish my breakfast tray lunch will be here. 

I know this is just the name of the game but tell me it gets easier. 

Check out my blog @ http://theskinnydipper.blogspot.ca/
summerjoyZ
on 5/15/12 11:05 pm - TN
 It gets easier.... I could only take about 40 oz of water right after surgery. I now drink 4 bottles a day. It will be ok and when you step on the scale you realize how worth it this really is. Good luck

A. C
on 5/15/12 11:17 pm
it gets easier!

i was a lucky one - i was THIRSTY after surgery and my doc said i could drink all i wanted as long as it didn't hurt LOL

but it does get easier.. just hang in there!

HW: 376   SW: 354  

swampwoman
on 5/15/12 11:41 pm - Hampton, NJ
It gets easier every day.  Be patient and it will all be worth it.
  Today is the first day of the rest of my life!!                          
poet_kelly
on 5/16/12 12:43 am - OH
Of course you can take a nap.  You need to drink at least one ounce every 15 minutes while you are awake.  As you become able to drink more than one ounce in 15 minutes, it will get easier to get your liquids in.

View more of my photos at ObesityHelp.com          Kelly

Please note: I AM NOT A DOCTOR.  If you want medical advice, talk to your doctor.  Whatever I post, there is probably some surgeon or other health care provider somewhere that disagrees with me.  If you want to know what your surgeon thinks, then ask him or her.    Check out my blog.

dianabelle12
on 5/16/12 1:35 am
it gets easier:)

Cicerogirl, The PhD
Version

on 5/16/12 2:20 am - OH
Many people are able to drink more than one ounce in 15 minutes even right after surgery, so they can drink 2-4 ounces every half hour to hour (and it is the same amount per hour or more).  There is nothing magic about one ounce every 15 minutes... it is just an easy way for those who cannot drink more than an ounce at a time to get in enough water.

Yes, it gets easier.

Lora

14 years out; 190 pounds lost, 165 pound loss maintained

You don't drown by falling in the water. You drown by staying there.

SkinnyDipper
on 5/16/12 2:24 am - Canada
 Thanks all. I'm at home now and feeling a little less overwhelmed. 
ShebasMom
on 5/16/12 5:00 am, edited 5/16/12 5:01 am
Revision on 07/05/16
It does get better, I promise!
I had the same 1 oz every 15 mins rule, with protein drink once an hour.  I did this from 8am to 930pm and took 2-3 naps a day and slept from 1030p to 730a at night. After a week, with nausea gone, constipation better and pouch swelling down, I was able to drink more at a time.

HW322 SW296 GW150 LW196 

RNY 8-29-11

Revision to Distal bypass 7-5-16

SW262 GW165 

John 3:16

Most Active
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 34 replies · 341 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 24 replies · 373 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 24 replies · 338 views