Baltimore meet-up

MBsRNY
on 5/17/12 7:46 am - Baltimore, MD
OK folks...clearly there are enough of us in or near Charm City to get our own little support group going.  It seems as if Sunday afternoons might be the best time.   Say 3 PM? 

Let's meet, at least for the first time, as proposed at the Canton Starbucks on Boston Street, where parking should be easily available. 

Shall we try for this Sunday or wait for next?

HW 270, SW 257, Surgery date: 4/25/12...        
dori M.
on 5/17/12 11:22 am - MD
 I can't go on Sunday but I'm meeting the folks from my 6mth program (and 2 people from here) tomorrow night  in Towson if you wanna come private message me and I'll send you the details.

dori M.
on 5/17/12 11:50 am - MD
 I just read your last post Starbucks is a good idea. Canton however, may not be because parking is so bad down there. May I suggest Perry Hall or White Marsh?

Hillery82211
on 5/17/12 12:17 pm - New Carrollton, MD
RNY on 08/22/11 with
This Sunday works for me!

Dori the Starbucks on Boston Street is in a shopping center and has lots of parking (if I'm thinking about the correct one)
HW & SW: 363     Surgery date: 8/22/11    
MBsRNY
on 5/17/12 11:55 pm - Baltimore, MD
Yup, too many folks can't make it this Sunday.

So let's make it official:  First Charm City WLS meetup /support group will be on Sunday, June 3 at the Canton Starbucks on Boston Street (it's a shopping center with plenty of parking) . 

Would anyone interested please send me a friend request, so I can get a little list going to facilitate future communication. 

Looking forward to meeting all of you!
  HW 270, SW 257, Surgery date: 4/25/12...        
Cleopatra_Nik
on 5/18/12 12:09 am - Baltimore, MD
June 3 works for me. This is the ONLY Sunday that does not work for me! Otherwise I'll put it as a recurring calendar thing once we decide how often to do it. But I just wanted to reiterate I want to be flexible about the locale so maybe we can have different folks host it so that every few times it's down around their way.

At any rate, looking forward to June 3!
BeansOnToast
on 5/18/12 12:12 am - Reisterstown, MD
RNY on 07/31/12
 Agree with changing the location every time. I absolutely hate driving down there. Lol
Cleopatra_Nik
on 5/18/12 12:16 am - Baltimore, MD
WHAT????

Baltimore is the shizz!!!! After all... *I* live here. ;)

Kidding. I feel where you're coming from. 

And honestly, if I recall correctly there is a Starbucks up there on Reisterstown Road in Pikesville where the Trader Joe's is. That might also be a good future locale, as it affords us the opportunity to take a WLS tour of TJ's for those who may not be familiar with their many great offerings. 

(Or is that just me justifying a trip to TJ's?)

RNY Gastric Bypass 1-8-08 350/327/200 (HW/SW/CW). I spend most of my time playing with my food over at Bariatric Foodie - check me out!

BeansOnToast
on 5/18/12 12:21 am - Reisterstown, MD
RNY on 07/31/12
 Haha!! No no. I'm just not at all familiar with the area. I'm very familiar with pikesville and the surrounding areas (owings mills, Reisterstown, etc). I don't mind at all, but I'm a fan of switching things up once in a while. :)
Cleopatra_Nik
on 5/18/12 12:24 am - Baltimore, MD
 Even as a Baltimorean I'm not super familiar with Canton. I mean...I know where it is and all but Baltimore is a city of neighborhoods. It isn't unusual for us Bmoreans to not know much about anything but our own neighborhood. But since I have uprooted to another neighborhood I'm learning parts of the city I never knew before!

RNY Gastric Bypass 1-8-08 350/327/200 (HW/SW/CW). I spend most of my time playing with my food over at Bariatric Foodie - check me out!

Most Active
Recent Topics