It was hard..but I did it!

cuddles010982
on 5/21/12 1:00 pm - Mt
I am 10 weeks post op and have had A LOT of complications. Last Tuesday my surgeon told me that i am basically starting at day one post op due to all the complications and I still need to be on soft mushy foods for one more month. Due to this I have had a terrible time getting protein in. I am usually lucky to get 20 grams of protein in a day. BUT...Today i was able to get 67g of protein in!!! I am so proud of myself. I am very worried about my health and my hair having gone 2.5 months with very little protein. I am hoping this is a turning point for me. Maybe it will help with my 3 week stall and I will start to lose weight again!

~Heidi
The quest for excellence is a life long process
Monica M.
on 5/21/12 1:04 pm - Penetanguishene, Canada
good for you! sorry for all your struggles, youll come through this.

poet_kelly
on 5/21/12 1:29 pm - OH
I was about three months out before I started getting my protein in, too.  I but you will feel a LOT better in just a couple days.

I would expect fairly significant hair loss, though.  That usually starts about 12 weeks out.  Maybe you'll be lucky... but if you've been getting that little protein so long, you may lose a lot.  I sure did.  But it's all grown back.

View more of my photos at ObesityHelp.com          Kelly

Please note: I AM NOT A DOCTOR.  If you want medical advice, talk to your doctor.  Whatever I post, there is probably some surgeon or other health care provider somewhere that disagrees with me.  If you want to know what your surgeon thinks, then ask him or her.    Check out my blog.

Reel
on 5/21/12 5:54 pm
 So sorry to hear about your complications. Glad that you are better now. 
Most Active
Recent Topics