4 weeks stall and only 2.5 months post op

cuddles010982
on 5/23/12 7:23 am - Mt
I am 10.5 weeks post op and have been in a stall for 4 weeks. i know stalls are normal but I am starting to get concerned. It seems way to early for this long of a stall. I have not been counting calories yet as I have just started to get enough protein in the last two days. Before then i was lucky to get 20 grams of protein in a day.  Is it possible that I am eating to many calories this early out?  I do not work out yet as I am still dealing with complications from surgery, but i do a little bit of free weights for my arms and a few walks a week. i tend to eat very little..a couple of ounces...every few hours in order to get my protein in.  I am so worried that I am doing something wrong or that my insulin resistance is still causing problems. I have not gained any weight but my weight has gone up a pound or two then back down a pound or two for the last 4 weeks.

does anyone have any suggestions as to what I can do to break this stall or fix whatever i am doing wrong?  I am sooo worried that this is way to early for this long stall.

Thanks!
~Heidi

~Heidi
The quest for excellence is a life long process
jujubee4224
on 5/23/12 8:03 am
RNY on 04/09/12
I am 6 weeks out and having a slow period myself. I talked to my nut and she said I should be getting between 600-800 calories a day and I have not even been coming close to that. I just can't get that much food/calories in. She was afraid that I might be going into starvation mode. She told me that I needed to eat 6 meals a day to try and meet the calorie and protein goal. I don't seem to have as much problem with the fluids. It really is a chore to eat that much, get all the protein in and still get at least 6-800 calories a day. Today has been better but it has taken a real effort. After my after lunch snack, I am up to 470 calories, so hopefully after dinner and a snack I will reach my minimum calorie goal. I just gotta break this stall.
cuddles010982
on 5/23/12 8:38 am - Mt
Thanks for the information. So far today i have only gotten in about 300 calories so maybe that is my problem..not enough calories. I will try to up my calories a little and keep working on getting fluids and protein in.

I just want the scale to move again :(   it is so hard to not be discouraged.

~Heidi
The quest for excellence is a life long process
Most Active
Recent Topics