gas day 4 post op

dan434
on 5/24/12 9:08 pm - NJ
RNY on 05/22/12
day 3 kicked my butt day 4 is starting out with alot of gas growling and gruggeling i,m up and walking sipping how many days out were you before you really started to feel better just curious thanks dan
Kenny B.
on 5/24/12 9:47 pm, edited 5/24/12 9:48 pm - Leland, NC
RNY on 01/30/12
Hey Dan, I had my surgery on a Monday. The first few days , the gas was bad. By Friday I started feeling better, and Saturday, I felt great. The more you walk, the faster the gas gets out. Just keep moving. Welcome to the other side!!
 Check out my profile. I commented on my first week after surgery and what I went through.

Kenny B.
Philippians 4;6-7

Don’t worry about anything; instead, pray about everything. Tell God what you need, and thank him for all he has done. Then you will experience God’s peace, which exceeds anything we can understand. His peace will guard your hearts and minds as you live in Christ Jesus.

MaleNurse78
on 5/24/12 10:26 pm - Bossier City , LA
 I had mine done on a Monday, so Monday was bad, Tuesday was a little better but still sore, Wednesday I started to feel human again I was still sore getting up and down but it was doable. Thursday I was pretty much back to normal, and Friday I was ready to go back to work. But we all heal differently, just walk as much as possible, the more you walk the sooner you will start to feel normal. 

MichelleNC
on 5/24/12 11:19 pm
Oh geez that sounds painful how is walking going? Are you able to walk and get it out or is walking painful? I think that is all that we can do vs open our tummies up and pray it all comes out. I hope it goes away soon may this be your last bit of pain this am with the gas and I hope you start to feel better asap!

Michelle
Did the happy dance onto the Loser's Bench March 18, 2013!

Visit my blog at http://skinnyundermyfat.blogspot.com/

Larry Wassmann
on 5/25/12 12:09 am - Lacey, WA
RNY on 05/09/12
 I chewed up 3 GasX pills and it really helped. Give them a try.

fb.png   Visit my Blog at  http://www.lwassmann.blogspot.com/                                

chelsea41808
on 5/25/12 12:19 am - OH
RNY on 05/14/12 with
 im 12days out .. and i just started feeling really good a day or too ago.. i mean i felt fine but i couldnt walk long or nothing like that.. make sure you keep ur water bottle with you.. and i took chicken broth to the store with me cuz i would feel so weak i had to eat something so the chicken broth helped that out.. but it does get better. at day 10 i could sleep on my belly again :) ... 

HW - 260    SW - 237    CW - 152    GW - 140                    

(deactivated member)
on 5/25/12 2:36 am - FL
RNY on 05/14/12
 I'm nine days out and the best thing I have found are these gas-x strips. They're like those listering tounge strips they used to sell that disolve in your mouth and taste like mint. They work SO fast and you're allowed to talk a few of them at once and they don't taste bad. Seriously they saved me my first week. 
lesserman
on 5/25/12 10:49 am - Chicago, IL

What Kenny said...

My surgery was done on a WED, was discharged that FRI, began to feel human that SUN...felt more so with each walk...

Weight at Heaviest: 320 lbs. 
Weight at Surgery:
283.6 lbs.

Everyone is entitled to my opinion...

Most Active
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 34 replies · 371 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 29 replies · 286 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 27 replies · 257 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?