Question About a Previous Post

Jewelsstevens
on 5/26/12 7:48 am - Crandall, TX
RNY on 09/18/12
I don't remember the name of the post, so I can't find it. Someone posted a question about aspirin. In this post, she posted an aspirin mixture that helped blackheads and pimples. Does anyone else remember what original post it was on? Or, if the person who posted it reads this, could you repost it here?

Sheri W.
on 5/26/12 8:15 am - Kansas City, MO
I did a search for aspiring & acne and came up with this:

http://www.obesityhelp.com/forums/rny/4513365/Aspirin-Mask/

Could that be it?
christinalee
on 5/26/12 9:21 am - At Home in, NH

http://www.obesityhelp.com/forums/rny/4534579/Absorption-of- topical-salicylates-via-the-skin-an-issue/

Hillery82211 posted this the other day, and it also contains info about aspirin and skin issues.

"Just keep swimming." ~ Dorrie

littleskie
on 5/26/12 9:53 am - freeport, TX
RNY on 08/19/09 with
Aspirin is an NSAID. RNY patients should never take an NSAID!!!!

There is no way I'd risk an ulcer to clear up blackheads or pimples. Not even if I had one the size of a quarter in the middle of my forehead. Life is worth so much more!

I even had the hospital list NSAIDS under the allergy section for me. I don't want to be brought in unconscious and have them give me something that puts my life at risk.

I am dealing with a potential ulcer right now, and that's with no NSAIDS and never had ulcer issues prior to RNY. So it has obviously made me more susceptible and I'm afraid NSAIDS would pu**** over the edge.

Good luck!!!

Met my first goal, met my second goal, met my surgeons goal. Now I have a new goal!

Jewelsstevens
on 5/26/12 1:41 pm - Crandall, TX
RNY on 09/18/12
Oh! To clarify, I have not had the surgery yet. So, I was wanting to try it out. Plus, I have 2 teenage boys...

Jewelsstevens
on 5/26/12 1:49 pm - Crandall, TX
RNY on 09/18/12
Thanks Sheri and Christina! I appreciate your help. It was the one you posted Christina.

happy_baker
on 5/26/12 1:51 pm
RNY on 02/15/12
 Yep, I posted that. I was asking about whether an aspirin facemask would be absorbed through the skin enough to cause problems. Never really did find an answer. 
_._._._._. _._._._._. _._._._._. _._._._._. _._._._._. _._._._._. _._._._._. _._._._._. 
Check out my video blog!  www.youtube.com/user/HappilyShrinking/videos
Highest weight: 269.  Surgery weight: 233.  Goal weight: 144, and then we'll see.. 
onmom
on 5/26/12 10:18 pm
I was told by my surgeon now patches with it on so I would think that a face mask would absorb to much.
Recent Topics