Well, I guess I'm learning all the foods that my pouch just doesn't like...

lesserman
on 5/27/12 10:51 am - Chicago, IL
...kinda like Edison finding out how many different ways NOT to create a light bulb...

Yesterday, I prepared (pan-fried...no oil, nothin') some low-sodium SPAM and was so pleased that it went down well and that I felt full after only a couple slices....so today, I got just a little adventurous (my god, will I ever learn?) and melted a little bit of low-fat sharp cheddar cheese on each one...big, big mistake...got the slimies and just felt lousy for a couple hours...

So...this is it for meat...thin-sliced ham from the deli...for now, everything else can go straight to hell...(I'll try you again when I get there!).

Weight at Heaviest: 320 lbs. 
Weight at Surgery:
283.6 lbs.

Everyone is entitled to my opinion...

A. C
on 5/27/12 11:05 am
i had a hard time with fish, of all things - but i must admit i haven't tried SPAM (can't stand that stuff lol)

potted meat isn't my thing :P

good luck with other foods, your list will grow and grow hehe

HW: 376   SW: 354  

lesserman
on 5/27/12 11:34 am - Chicago, IL
Well, now I'm movin' on to veggies...gonna try those packets that you can nuke right in the bag and see how my tummy reacts to one of those...

You know me...born to be mild...
Weight at Surgery:
283.6 lbs.

(deactivated member)
on 5/27/12 11:34 am
RNY on 04/18/12
My pouch decides that it doesn't like something even after it has liked something in the past.  I did so well, until this week, that I thought I was going to have a pouch of steel.  This week it decides to be finicky!  At least I know what to have when I really can't afford to not feel well afterwards... cheese. Most meats and eggs are hit and miss.  I seem to tolerate tuna and canned chicken mixed with a little low fat mayo, but I am leery of trusting my pouch with any other types of meat.

I guess we just keep trying until our pouches decide they like something or we eventually decide to give up.  Such is our journey.

TamaraL
on 5/27/12 11:36 am

if you reheated it then that could be why.  Some people can eat meat one day and the next not.  eggs are the same way!!!!

lesserman
on 5/27/12 11:49 am - Chicago, IL
Wow...does that ever blow!
Weight at Surgery:
283.6 lbs.

TamaraL
on 5/27/12 11:57 am
if i reheat chicken or grilled hamburger I always add water to it to give it moisture and eat it very slow and chew carefully.  keep that in mine when reheating stuff. I just drop water on top of it. occasionally i will put a wet paper towel on it so that the meat will get the moisture.

With eggs i usually put a little milk in it when i scramble my eggs then I add shredded cheese to give it more moisture.(i weigh out 1/8 cup of shredded cheese)

Natali1983
on 5/27/12 11:39 am - miramar, FL
RNY on 02/28/12
my pouch is a tempermental capital B...lol i used to cook once for a few meals but i cant anymore cuz just because i can have something one night doesnt mean i can have it again the next day
Natali

lillypond...
on 5/27/12 11:56 am
my pouch is temperamental too-- I can not eat any leftovers, pouch which I call (Susie) smh is OK with food cooked the same day, but Lord help me if I eat it the second day also can not eat beef or broccoli or bananas I am almost 2 years, so I figure some foods I just have to leave it alone, but for the most part I can eat almost all foods-- every day it is trial and error, but it is all good :)
marty69
on 5/27/12 12:47 pm - MO
RNY on 06/06/12
Hi! I am about to have R N Y on the 6th. I was wondering what kinds of things that others found or experienced that they didn't expect.

May We All be Blessed and Valued 

marty

Most Active
Recent Topics