Smart Ones, Lean Cuisine, and Healthy Choice frozen meals

Cicerogirl, The PhD
Version

on 5/31/12 3:41 am - OH
I actually eat probably two per week (I am single and hate to cook for just the small amount I can eat, so I only actually cook something once a week), but I never eat more than one or two bites of whatever rice, pasta, or potato comes with it... I just eat the protein and veggies.  It is plenty of food to fill me up and, other than the sodium content, is pretty healthy without the pasta/rice/potatoes.

Lora

14 years out; 190 pounds lost, 165 pound loss maintained

You don't drown by falling in the water. You drown by staying there.

(deactivated member)
on 5/31/12 3:54 am - Winter Park, FL
I eat them about once per week as well,.. but I try to get the ones with veggies and meat and throw away most of the starch. Be mindful of the sodium content of them though. Im like why cant they just have more of them with only veggies and meat!
Sara O.
on 5/31/12 9:50 am - NC
RNY on 03/12/12
my freezer is filled with them. tonight i had the Smart Ones "homestyle pot roast" with potatoes, carrots, green beans, etc. it was fantastic and had about 16-17g protein.
happy_baker
on 5/31/12 10:02 am, edited 5/30/12 10:03 pm
RNY on 02/15/12
Yep, I keep a stash of them in my freezer. Since it's just me and two small kids, we don't always eat dinner at the same time, and it doesn't make sense to cook a meal just for myself.

It's tricky to find ones that aren't starchy and carb-loaded, but I like the salisbury steak (with mac and cheese), swedish meatballs (with pasta), and glazed chicken (with rice), and my VERY favorite--the turkey tenderloin with cranberries and sweet potatoes. Mmm!

I eat the protein first, then any veggies, and if I'm still hungry a while later, I'll finish the carby parts. The Healthy Choice steamers are really good for being lower carb, but those can get expensive. I admit, I coupon clip when it's time to stock up.
_._._._._. _._._._._. _._._._._. _._._._._. _._._._._. _._._._._. _._._._._. _._._._._. 
Check out my video blog!  www.youtube.com/user/HappilyShrinking/videos
Highest weight: 269.  Surgery weight: 233.  Goal weight: 144, and then we'll see.. 
Most Active
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 44 replies · 466 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 43 replies · 425 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 40 replies · 358 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 36 replies · 441 views
Recent Topics
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 40 replies · 358 views