I need a kick in the bum

BellaSaid35
on 6/1/12 8:08 pm
I haven't been exercising like I should. No strength training, and for the past few days, no cardio. I get up, get my gym clothes on, and then sit. And do nothing.

Part of it is that my son got kicked out of the gym daycare. (long story...ugh) So I can't take him with me, which sucks and throws a monkey wrench into my routine. Part of it is that it's so dang hot I don't want to run outside.

And part of it is that I am losing without exercising...so I figure, why bother?

I need a kick in the butt. Seriously. I feel weak and angry with myself.

So, kick away. Please.

Rny 2.14.12

WildHeart101
on 6/1/12 8:14 pm - Lexington, KY

Keep going girl.  You can somehow incorporate your son into your routine....you are worth it.....

Cindy    *number on ticker includes 14.5 lbs lost prior to surgery                                                                                

Kim H.
on 6/1/12 9:09 pm - VA
RNY on 07/11/11 with
Maybe you need a break? A complete change up? Why not just walk the mall with your son in the stroller? How about swimming since it's hot? Maybe find a new gym where your son can go? Try something different and see if it makes you feel better. The one thing to remember about the "I'm losing without exercising so why bother" is that eventually you won't be losing. My doctor says I'll have to exercise 3x a week when I get to goal just to maintain, but it may be more. Keep in mind that the weight loss is temporary and that the lifestyle has to be permanent. But you're not there yet and a few days of slacking off- even a few weeks- isn't going to kill you. It does get harder if you lose the habit so make sure you don't go too long or you may really find it hard to go back. It's ok not to go to the gym but do something that involves moving your body- walk, hike, bike, swim, whatever feels good. I think once you feel some enjoyment you'll want to keep going. Until then, give yourself permission to take a break and not beat yourself up. :)

I am my own hero...I save myself one day, one meal, one bite, one choice, one challenge, one step at a time...
(deactivated member)
on 6/1/12 9:56 pm
RNY on 05/07/12
I agree with Kim, a break may not be bad unless you are a routine person. I need my routine, and when I get out of it for a few days it is like starting all over. I am a gym person. For me it is not enjoyable so it is a check mark I have to think of it like a prescription medication. I have to do it daily. I am not doing as much as I want to and am looking to step it up over the next few weeks. Also think of this....the more you work out and strength train the less extra skin you will have Good luck we are here to support you
BellaSaid35
on 6/1/12 10:12 pm
After I posted this, I got off my tukus and went for a 4 mile run. :)

Rny 2.14.12

wendydettmer
on 6/1/12 10:33 pm - Rochester, NY
good for you for the run!

how old is your son? a lot of my exercise now is running around on the playground with my kids (7 and 3 year old). my 7 year old loves my fit bit and if she doesn't like how tall my flower is (more active you are, taller it is) she has me run and do stairs lol

i also do weights and toning on my own at night. i need to get to the gym but it's very hard to go during the day from work and i'm not willing to sacrifice the evening time with them right now. things should calm at work soon so i can go.

Follow my vegan transition at www.bariatricvegan.com
HW:288    CW:146.4   GW: 140    RNY: 12/22/11  

soozieq
on 6/2/12 9:31 am, edited 6/2/12 9:31 am
I have a 10 and 4 year old, so I totally get working out with kids.

Luckily, my 4 year old will walk a mile with me in the morning - so if I can get at least that walk in, that's great.  She walks pretty fast, too!

My 10 year old has been getting healthy with me (love it!) and she and I will walk 2.5 miles in the evenings.  She really pushes me to get physical - whether it's walking or doing Dance Dance Revolution, or P90X or something else.

It's so difficult trying to get a proper workout in when you've got little ones.  My youngest starts Kindergarten in the fall and I'm signing up at the local gym on Day 1!

Edited to add:  Do you know anyone who is a fitness person/trainer who can come to your home?  My friend's son is a personal trainer - who comes to the home and brings the equipment you need - and it's only like... $20/$25 a session. 
Suzanne    RNY:  4/17/12  -   HW:  267  -   SW: - 256  -   GW:  150