No Carb Diet I Need help

chowell
on 6/3/12 3:22 am - marietta, GA
RNY on 10/04/12
I am unsure how to do this no carb diet for two weeks, I have no clue as to what i can eat to keep from being hungry. i love breads and starchs, can any one give me so ideas

Cecily Howell                

JUSTJUNQUIES
on 6/3/12 3:58 am - Citrus Heights, CA
RNY on 04/04/12
meat , fish , poultry, eggs,cheese,dairy, protein drinks......NO carbs? no veggies? or fruit?
Look up atkins recipes, if it is just starchy carbs you are not to have that would be easier. I think there is a low carb/ no carb bread out there somewhere.
I would assume you are to be on low fat also
What does the info from your doc say? I was on full liwuids for 2 weeks not just low carbs ( I would have loved that!!)

Donna Q. --5'8" -60 years old
Band 2005
hw320 sw276 lw with band 195 gw 160-180? 
Bypass 4/4/2012
pre sw 258 lw RNY 162 cw 203

chowell
on 6/3/12 1:10 pm - marietta, GA
RNY on 10/04/12
i noticed you just had RNY. I am planing to have the surgery real soon, and i am following my roadmap to surgery that the dr gave me, i have so many mixed feelings about this how did u deal with all the feelings

Cecily Howell                

JUSTJUNQUIES
on 6/4/12 1:24 am - Citrus Heights, CA
RNY on 04/04/12
I always was against the RNY and we had a big family uproar when our twin daughters had it 6 years ago , a year after I had the band , which of course I felt was the best thing since sliced bread , well after 7 years with the band and bad aftercare from STANFORD I had a new doc closer to home and after a few years working with the band I gained back about 60 lbs , and other issues , my doc just said RNY for you girly, well by that time I was desperate and would have done anything to feel better, I need double knee replacement and hip replacement and I am a "young" 58 (next month) I basically have been home bound and a shut in for 2 years , after being injured remodeling one of our daughter's house.
I has mixed emotions about having the surgery, I felt like a failure, I was sad that my life had been taken away from me, I was embarrassed to admit that I had to have a SECOND WLS, basically my ortho doc would not do surgery unless I lost weight, I had 3 docs telling me I needed this surgery and underneath it all I wanted to believe them and somehow felt the decision was out of my hands , which we know is not true.
A lot of emotions swirling around all at once.
I thought the sleeve would be a good alternative but i still would be able to drink , eat lots of sugar, yada,yada,yada
I have had no problems since surgery , my BMI was 37 , I am loosing slower than average but I hear that is common after band removal.
Don't do a surgery if you are not sure, that being said , we can never anticipate everything and I am NEVER happy about having any surgery so there is always doubt.
I am glad I had RNY and really don't feel like anything was done , one problem I am having now is that my blood pressure and pulse are to low in the morning , I need to cut back my night time BP meds.
ANY WLS is a lifetime of change and I would never recommend the band to anyone , even though I know it works for a few , a very few.
I hope you do well

Band 2005
Bypass 4/4/2012

chowell
on 6/4/12 3:34 am - marietta, GA
RNY on 10/04/12
my cardo to me i needed the surgery to save my life. my heart is completely surrounded by fat causing heart problems i am always passing out because my heart gives out when i do anything to raise my heart rate.  i have only known one person to have RNY and she is doing great.  its the dramatic diet change i am scared of.

Cecily Howell                

JUSTJUNQUIES
on 6/4/12 8:07 am - Citrus Heights, CA
RNY on 04/04/12
ohh Sweetie, I don't see that you have a choice....well I guess you do , you can continue to faint and more than likely die at some point soon.
In the beginning you don't feel like eating , usually and people have gone through grieving not being able to have a gallon of ice cream  , it is surely a learning experience. After weight loss you can widen your menu. I am not having problems because I fasted for 9 months and had the band so I have already been through all of that. I did have a bit of a problem when we went to our place at the lake and everyone was drinking , and I really wanted a glass of wine, but I had a Fuse drink in a wine glass and was fine.
Surgery is still your choice , I would rather make some life style changes than die  I am not saying it will be easy , but I can say it would be worth it

Band 2005
Bypass 4/4/2012

christinalee
on 6/3/12 4:00 am - At Home in, NH
If it's no carb, then you could follow the Atkins Diet for two weeks. That's essentially a no-carb plan for the induction phase.

If it's low carb, I think South Beach Diet is extremely lo-carb for the first couple of weeks.

You can google either one to get the most information. Didn't your Bariatric program's nutritionist give you any guidelines for a two-week low carb diet?

Good Luck!

"Just keep swimming." ~ Dorrie

Paul C.
on 6/3/12 4:01 am - Cumming, GA
Steak!!!!!
Paul C.
First 5K 9/27/20 46:32 - 11 weeks post op  (PR 28:55 8/15/11)
First 10K 7/04/2011 1:03      
      First 15K 9/18/2011 1:37
First Half Marathon 10/02/2011 2:27:44 (
PR 2:24:35)   
First Half Ironman 9/30/12 7:32:04
soozieq
on 6/3/12 4:50 am
And bacon! lol
Suzanne    RNY:  4/17/12  -   HW:  267  -   SW: - 256  -   GW:  150           
datorres
on 6/3/12 4:27 am
 Meat, fish, yogurt, cheese, protein shakes and don't forget the tylenol you'll need it the first few days.