I have surgury on WENSDAY and i have been freakin out off and on.

marty69
on 6/3/12 6:40 am - MO
RNY on 06/06/12
  So I am having my surgury on wensday. So far I have been numb, cried, thought "what if it all goes wrong???". 
  Then the mental hunger has been kicking my butt. It's like I am not even hungry, but my brain is wanting to binge! andthe thinking," ohhh that looks sooo good,mmmm  that smells delish"!. UGH !!!  
  But these are things I knew I personaly would have to deal with. I just have to go to my list of what to do when it gets like this.
   Is there any last minute advice any one can give me? I can't wait till I actualy get admitted to the hospital.  
  I feel keep thinking "what if something is not rite?","what if my liver didn't shrink enough?". Crazy thoughts I know but still...They are going thru my mind.
 Thank you all for listening . I know I am going a lil crazy, I really am trying to get my mind on something ealse. Lord knows with 2 kids still at home and my dad and hubby to take care of oyur would think I would be to busy to let my mind run away like this. HAHA.
  Any way like I said if any one has any advice or things to watch out for PLEASE let me know.
   HUGS to all of you and thank you for sharing your journeys.

May We All be Blessed and Valued 

marty

poet_kelly
on 6/3/12 6:49 am - OH
Try to focus on the good things to come after you lose weight.  Have you made a list of all the reasons you want to have this surgery?  If not, you might want to make a list now.  You can read over it when you feel anxious or discouraged.

Here are a couple things that made the top of my list, just to get you started:

- I'll be able to buy clothes in regular stores.
- I'll be able to climb stairs without getting out of breath.
- I'll be able to bend over to put my shoes on without discomfort.

View more of my photos at ObesityHelp.com          Kelly

Please note: I AM NOT A DOCTOR.  If you want medical advice, talk to your doctor.  Whatever I post, there is probably some surgeon or other health care provider somewhere that disagrees with me.  If you want to know what your surgeon thinks, then ask him or her.    Check out my blog.

Cherokeesage
on 6/3/12 6:49 am
RNY on 02/24/12
I prayed a lot duriing the months of deciding if RNY was right for me.  Also, had my family and friends praying.  I went in the morning of surgery with total peace of mind.  I am so happy that I went through with it.  I have had no issues post op other than being tired.  However, I've been tired for years.

Banded  Oct 2008:  290       
RNY Feb 2012:        245    
Dr's set goal:            170 reached Oct 11, 2012
My goal:                     160  reached Dec 1, 2012
Today :                       145-150

I am half the person I was in 2008.

aamig
on 6/3/12 7:02 am - Belair, MD
I have surgery this Tuesday and I am feeling all of the things you have described ... will be interested in other's posts to help manage these feelings.
Hollie313
on 6/3/12 7:26 am - MI
RNY on 05/09/12

You should definitely make a list.  Also, just try to remember there is risk with any
surgery.  I'm sure you did your homework and chose the right surgeon for you.  Keep
in mind they do this surgery often, so they know the routine.  I spent alot of time
on here looking at before/after pics.  It kept my eye on the prize.  Oh....and I still
do keep spending alot of time looking at them.

Surgery: 5/9/12              HW: 302           SW:  287.6        CW:  158

marty69
on 6/3/12 8:59 am - MO
RNY on 06/06/12
Thank you all sooo much. I am getting my list back out rite now. I have confidence in my dr, I guess it's all getting so REAL . I don't think I truly believed it would actualy happen for me. You'r all rite I have to keep my eye on the prize. Keep my focus. And yes I have been looking at the before and after pictures for months now. They are truly inspiring and give me hope.
 did any of you have trouble finding a protien drink you liked? Many I have tried seem so sweet. I was wondering wich ones you all like, and where you purchase them? 
 Thank you for your support and replies so very very much.

marty

poet_kelly
on 6/3/12 9:41 am - OH
Oh, I had a terrible time finding a protein drink I liked.  And after surgery, everything tasted too sweet to me.

I recommended getting a bunch of samples from vitalady.com so you can see what you like after surgery.  My favorite is Syntrax Nectar cappuccino flavor.  I also like Chike vanilla and banana (you can get samples of those from chikenutrition.com), BSN Lean Dessert banana flavor, Celebrate ENS vanilla cake batter, and Optimum Nutrition caramel toffee fudge.

You might want to visit GNC or Vitamin Shoppe to get some single bottles of ready to drink protein drinks, too.  I like the Isopure smoothies in any flavor, and I think the Isopure clear protein drinks are OK (they are sorta like Gatorade, I think, and you might find them less sweet than many of the protein powders), and I like Oh Yeah banana and cookies and creme flavors.

You can use more liquid and/or less protein powder to make the flavor less strong and thereby make them less sweet, although then they have less protein per cup, too.  You can add decaf coffee to protein shakes if you like coffee, which I think helps cut the sweetness some.  You can also add unflavored protein powder to things, or you can try the Unjury chicken soup protein, for something that is not sweet.

View more of my photos at ObesityHelp.com          Kelly

Please note: I AM NOT A DOCTOR.  If you want medical advice, talk to your doctor.  Whatever I post, there is probably some surgeon or other health care provider somewhere that disagrees with me.  If you want to know what your surgeon thinks, then ask him or her.    Check out my blog.

marty69
on 6/3/12 10:01 am - MO
RNY on 06/06/12
Thank you Kelly, I will look into all that rite now.   This is why I love this site, resources from REAL people who have been down the same path as me. Thanks again..

marty

OldmanJim
on 6/3/12 11:28 am - AZ
Everything you fear or have thought of is exactly what I went through just 17 days ago.  I was ready to say "no" on the way to the hospital.  But I went through with 3 surgeries at one time.  The RNY, a herniated umbilical cord and removal of my gallbladder.  I have 7 inflicted wounds from my surgeon.  LOL.  I saw him this last Thurs (17th) and he said everything was good and I was allowed to progress to soft, mushy or pureed food this weekend.  I weighed 341 when I first saw him on Apr 5th.  Thurs I weighed 299.4.  And that made it all worthwhile!  By the way, I'm 67 yrs old.  If you have confidence in your surgeon, and have researched the RNY and made all these appointments, did the diets, did the protein meal replacement or whatever, you must want this.  I wish you luck and may the Lord be with you.

Jim 
marty69
on 6/3/12 11:46 am - MO
RNY on 06/06/12
Thank you very much Jim. I am lucky I have already had my gallbalder out years ago. but will be having a hernia repair as well.(wich I am very happy about.) How was the first day after? Was there anything you did not expect? That is alote of incisions, but considering all they did I would imagine they are to be expected.
  Congradulations on the wonderful loss!!!! I pray you heal well and quickly.
Do you have a favorite protien shake? I am loooking for one that is not to sweet. I have the unjury chicken soup (but found I can not use it due to the high sodium content.).
Again congradulations and thank you

marty

Most Active
Recent Topics
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 34 replies · 268 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 24 replies · 280 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 24 replies · 322 views
What's on your Monday Menu?