tylenol question

trishb07
on 6/9/12 3:34 am, edited 6/9/12 3:39 am
RNY on 06/06/12
I don't want to keep taking the pain meds can I take junior stregnth tylenol fastmelts? I'm 4 days out?  

poet_kelly
on 6/9/12 3:36 am - OH
Tylenol is fine for RNY folks.  I don't know if the fastmelts have sugar in them or not, though.  You might want to watch out for that.

View more of my photos at ObesityHelp.com          Kelly

Please note: I AM NOT A DOCTOR.  If you want medical advice, talk to your doctor.  Whatever I post, there is probably some surgeon or other health care provider somewhere that disagrees with me.  If you want to know what your surgeon thinks, then ask him or her.    Check out my blog.

trishb07
on 6/9/12 3:39 am
RNY on 06/06/12
thats what I was afraid of, they are grape flavored so I was worried about taking them then getting sick. I have to crush everything so was uncertain which tylenol to take? All the liquids have sugar.

poet_kelly
on 6/9/12 3:45 am - OH
I think they do make a sugar free liquid tylenol.  But you could call the company and ask how much sugar is in the meltaways.  If it's only a few grams, it probably won't make you sick.

Tylenol capsules are not very big.  You might be able to swallow them.  I was swallowing pills the same day as my surgery and I was swallowing adult Tylenol capsules the day after surgery.

Please note: I AM NOT A DOCTOR.  If you want medical advice, talk to your doctor.  Whatever I post, there is probably some surgeon or other health care provider somewhere that disagrees with me.  If you want to know what your surgeon thinks, then ask him or her.    Check out my blog.

trishb07
on 6/9/12 3:48 am
RNY on 06/06/12
thanks Kelly, I will look into it, I'm only allowed to swallow the gelcaps (COLACE) that the Dr. Prescribed everything else must be nerd size, crushed or liquid.

poet_kelly
on 6/9/12 3:49 am - OH
Why is that?  Why can't you swallow other pills the same size or smaller than the colace?

trishb07
on 6/9/12 3:57 am
RNY on 06/06/12
I'm sure I could IDK why he don't want me to. I'm looking over the package and it has sucralose, is that ok then? I hate the feeling the hydrocodone gives me.

poet_kelly
on 6/9/12 4:01 am - OH
Sucralose is artificial sweetener.  I think that's what is in Splenda, isn't it?  It should be all right.

trishb07
on 6/9/12 4:04 am
RNY on 06/06/12
yep I think I'm good thats the same thing thats in my vitamin c & D liquid. yay!!!

courtwillbehealthy
on 6/9/12 4:35 am - burlington, VT
 i use that :) 
Most Active
Recent Topics
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 34 replies · 265 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 24 replies · 278 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 24 replies · 319 views
What's on your Monday Menu?