NSV!... Up 1 for the big (shrinking) girls!!!!

kkjordan78
on 6/12/12 12:31 pm - Manor, TX
RNY on 03/26/12
Hello!

A fair weather friend of mine calls me to come "shop" in her closet. She has lost some weight and wants to give me her "fat" clothes. Yes, she said that.  We both have struggled with our weight forever but I was always much larger than her. She was sz 18-20, I was 26-28. She knows I had surgery in March and has been (secretly) competing with me to lose weight. God forbid she be the big girl of the group! (eyes roll)

We are sifting through tons of clothes that she says she is "just swimming in". Yes.These are her words. She tells me she is starting to by her clothes a little small so that she has a loss goal to  work towards and she'll be able to wear her clothes longer. Blah, blah, blah...

I spot a Target bag on the floor and pull out a pair of capris. I put them on pretty easily! I ask her how do they look and she says they look really good and will even be too big in a little while. She also said that she hates to get rid of them because they are really cute but they were "swaddling" her.

The rest of our conversation:

Me: I thought you were buying your clothes a little snug now?
Her: I am. Those pants (the ones I am wearing) are way too big on me now. But, they are so cute!

Being the smart ass I am...

Me: Yes, they are. How about I give them back to you when they are too big for me? Maybe they'll fit you by then.
Her: (Incredulous stare, like, "as if", WTH?)
Me: Well, according to the receipt in the bag, you just bought these 2 days ago so that means your butt is still way too big for them!

I wear smaller clothes than her now!

I had to help her pick up her jaw, put her eyes back in her head and slap her cheeks to bring the color back!

Score for the "Incredible Shrinking Ladies"!!

BTW, the pants were a size 16!!!!

Lisa        
Mom23crazies
on 6/12/12 12:35 pm
RNY on 05/08/12 with
High-five from another CenTex-er! Don't let people talk that trash to you!
WifeMama
on 6/12/12 12:36 pm
RNY on 06/21/12
 WOO HOO!  Love that story!  
Neaucora
on 6/12/12 12:37 pm - AZ
RNY on 04/23/12
 Oh no!!! rofl 
I am going thru a similar thing with my good friend. lol

Debbie A.
on 6/12/12 12:46 pm - Aurora, OH
 Love It! Good for you! 

Sara O.
on 6/12/12 1:00 pm - NC
RNY on 03/12/12
This made my night. Thanks for the laugh. lol
MissLisaD
on 6/12/12 1:03 pm - CA
RNY on 05/31/12
 I am SO HAPPY FOR YOU!!! You go girl!!!!!!! :) I feel you! My grandfather passed away last month :( and I just didn't feel like shopping all over for a dress to wear to the funeral and my aunt had told me she bought several dresses from jc penny because they were on sale. She kept saying how loose they were on her and how she wasn't sure I'd fit them. (I was preop then but had lost 25 lbs....I'm 12 days post op now). We have very different figures....her with a belly and skinny legs, me with a more slender waist and HIPS and THIGHS! The dresses fit me and were a tad form fitting and she just kept trying them on after me and saying to my grandma and other aunt how big they were on her until I finally said, "WE ALL FRIGGIN GET THAT YOU'RE A SIZE SNALLER THAN ME!!! Ugh" her response....."oh, don't worry I know I'm fat too!".  
Ugh I can't WAIT to be thin and point out to her how thin i am!!! So.....I FEEL YOUR VICTORY!!! Pay yourself on the back!!!!!!!

HW: (265 in 2007) Consult weight: 247 SW: 221 CW:151.8 GW:140     

spw7826
on 6/12/12 1:37 pm - FL
Please please please call her at least every other week to let her know you've got some more FAT clothes you can't wear any more that you would be glad to give to her if she can ever lose into them.  Please.

njsmm0812
on 6/12/12 1:34 pm - Tucson, AZ
RNY on 07/16/12
 Ok so I have grown up with a mother and older sister that are always trying to loose weight as well.  We have swapped clothes between us forever.  When I have surgery and loose weight I am afraid my mother and sister are going to be jealious and make me feel bad because I did what I did and they can't.  I also don't want them to make me feel like I took the easy way out.  My sister is already saying --you skinny B-tch.. even though I dont even have a date set.  I can't wait to not feel like the heaviest girl in the group anymore.
artroxy blue
on 6/12/12 2:01 pm - MA
RNY on 08/14/12

That made my night! HAHAHAHA 

God, that sounds like something I would do. Awesomesauce. 
Most Active
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 41 replies · 400 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 33 replies · 390 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 28 replies · 281 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 27 replies · 327 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 20 replies · 134 views
What?s on your Saturday menu?